Sign in to follow this  
Saracen

Scrin Ship in C&C 95??

Is this a crashed Scrin Ship?  

18 members have voted

1. 1.

• Erm?? Not sure!
    • Yep, that's a scrin ship alright... But I never knew what it was!
    • No it's an A-10, Orca, Something, but not a Scrin Ship!

Evidence:

Enlarged Pic:

scrin.jpg

In game video:

Scrin Ship?

For further reference this can be found in GDI mission 3 of Tiberian dawn to the left of your starting point

Anyhow, what do you think? Discuss...

Did you just discover that King? :P

Does look odd though, what it is, is anyone's guess. ;)

Haven't just discovered it. I saw it back in 1995, but have never been able to capture it without it messing up. Frapps and HyperDX did the job though :wink:

your missing an option for those who had seen it back then...

I reckon it was either a joke or a teaser.

I looked through all the mix files for C&C95 to see what its called but I couldn't find any reference to that at all.

Sooo what you are saying is you can't find it in the directory or just not a name pertaining to it,. :?

Using XCC Mixer to look inside all the mix files you can view the SHP files, I looked at all them and nothing match that pic.

that is SO a scrin ship...the wings resemble nothing like an Orca....

• Downvote 1

I wish we could track down the people who put that in there and ask... :P

They probably did it just for the heck of it. Then again, if the entire (rough) version of the story was already done by that time....who knows? I say its a Scrin ship, and for some odd reason, no one reported it.

Take an A-10 Thunderblot/Warthog

a10_2.jpg

A couple of Surface to Air Missiles

samsite.jpg

A Field

keep%20off%20grass.jpg

And you get a ...

http://img205.imageshack.us/img205/1261/untitled2km4.png

Crashed A-10. Besides, its hard to believe that Westwood had an entire Tiberian universe storyline worked out when they released TD. Probably made it up as they went. At least thats what I think.

Guest Rabbit

That's actually a pretty good analasys you got going there.

Interestingly, another forum I've been in asked this EXACT same question on the same day you did.

Except... hell, you got a much bigger picture.

Anyway, we actually came to the same conclusion. Either Scrin, or actually, we thought maybe the leftover remains of a helicopter, or even a DropPod

Only problem is, if it was a helicopter, or drop pod... why would it be white? So, another conclusion I came to, is that it could have possibly been the destroyed remains of a turret.

By the way, if you all want a smaller picture, here you go:

picturetotransfer.jpg

Oh, and uhh... yeah, I did give it a crappy mod, just so I could see it better.

Then again, that doesn't explain the adv guard towers...

Only problem is, if it was a helicopter, or drop pod... why would it be white?

Think of it like a soda can or one of them metal boxes. You leave it out in the sun too long and its color starts fading away.

Anyone know the name of map? It's definitely a terrain object of some sort and it's NOT a Scrin ship. I already know that much, and afaik, it's merely a terrain decoration for the Euro campaign.

With the tech available back then, they really didn't have many colors to work with dude :wink:

Think of it like a soda can or one of them metal boxes. You leave it out in the sun too long and its color starts fading away.

Um... these things are supposed to be capable of inter-galactic flight. I would THINK they'd have better technology than our coke cans :haha:

Um... these things are supposed to be capable of inter-galactic flight. I would THINK they'd have better technology than our coke cans :haha:

I never knew A-10s were capable of inter-galactic flight. Must be what those cilynder looking things are for :P

Scrin Ship in C&C 95??

:wink:

With the tech available back then, they really didn't have many colors to work with dude :wink:

They didn't have enough tech in the mid-90s to make anything besides white planes? :P

Scrin Ship in C&C 95??

;)

But it's not a Scrin ship. >_>

he meant the tech Westwood used to make the game >_>

anywho, we know its a terrain object. So is the ship in TS. That doesnt make it any less of ship, now does it? :P

This is stupid... its just a little easter egg they put into a bunch of levels (yes, its in several, 13C GDI for one)... its nothing special

-Sheepe

Guest Rabbit

Oh, no no no, I meant, instead of the usual GDI gold.

This is stupid... its just a little easter egg they put into a bunch of levels (yes, its in several, 13C GDI for one)... its nothing special

Well excuse us for debating what it COULD be. Plus, you contradicted yourself. If it WAS an easter egg, then it means it IS something mysterious, something meaningful, not something normal and usual.

im gona go ahead and say its a scrin scout ship...

right behind you