Saracen

Red Alert 3 Beta Almost Here!

For those of you whom of which had entered Red Alert 3 Beta keys many month's ago, there's good news to be had! Community Manager Apoc, has posted on the official forums about the Beta, where it stands, and what you can expect.

Comrades, The Command & Conquer 3 Red Alert 3 Mutliplayer Beta Test is set to launch publicly very soon. Get ready to wage a crazy war with the Soviets, Allies, and the Empire of the Rising Sun in our online-only multiplayer Beta Test. And remember, the only way to get in to the Beta Test is by purchasing a copy of Command & Conquer Kane's Wrath. If you are one of the thousands who already purchased Kane's Wrath and registered your Beta Key, then you are in our public queue and awaiting activation status!

As mentioned on our official website, we will be rolling out the Beta Test activation keys based on the time in which you registered on our beta test website (http://www.ea.com/redalert3beta/) with the serial key from the insert contained in your copy of Kane's Wrath. We may also consider the country in which you reside as a component for when you will be activated in the public queue as we are aiming to get global feedback in as much as possible for our beta test. When we activate your key you will be sent an e-mail with your Red Alert 3 Beta Test key with instructions on downloading and installing the beta. If you registered for the beta test within the first couple of weeks, it is very likely you will be activated close to our first public launch. We will then continue to ramp up and activate registrations weekly, and potentially even multiple times a week. We will activate registrations primarily based around the status of our software. Certainly if we are experiencing any critical issues, we will halt activations until they are resolved. It is our intent to start the beta test small, and make every effort to quickly ramp up to thousands of players in a matter of days and weeks throughout late-July and August.

Good news all round it seems. It has also been confirmed from this thread on our forums that EA have begun to send out e-mails confirming people's queue slots in the Beta. So if you have registered yourself, keep your eyes on your e-mail inbox.

To read the rest of Apoc's announcement, click here.

Indeed, excellent news.

Now, WHERE IS MY BETA!!!! :)

Anarchy Cat chewed it up!

Apparently the first 2000 emails have gone out.

One of the obvious questions is whether this will be a strictly mp test, or whether there will be a skirmish mode...

But the question relates to co-op mode. If skirmish maps are in then the ai will need to work in co-op mode? But if mp maps only does that also mean you will need 4 players in the beta test?

I guess enough time has passed since the nda to ask sonic if his game at the summit was with a true 1v1 or was it technically 2on2 with AI assistance.

(disclaimer I haven't seen the latest bcpt if it's already addresssed!)

There are two, multiplayer maps, and all factions available. That is all.

Guest Rabbit

Lame, it's only online play. >_>

It is only a multiplayer beta. I surprised by a couple things that I've seen. it's still fun though.

One of the obvious questions is whether this will be a strictly mp test, or whether there will be a skirmish mode...

The RA3 beta has online MP only with 2 maps available, no skirmish mode, No AI is present in the beta version.

I guess enough time has passed since the nda to ask sonic if his game at the summit was with a true 1v1 or was it technically 2on2 with AI assistance.

At the summit it was strictly 1v1 in MP, but we had time to play with the AI in skirmish.

Predictable, and ok. It's MP afterall that requires most testing/balancing.

Hopefully by this weekend I'll have my actual key and restore ISP speed so I can get in on the fun.