Alex_Ch

Tiberium & C&C Design

I never really care that much about Tiberium, but seeing the Nod Cleric and that awesome tank, I'm a little sad that it wasn't continued.

Yeah I like the low profile tank there. Nice find.

I'm sure a Renegade 2 would look just as cool, yet would be deserving of the C&C label. I still don't care that Tiberium is gone.

Well, it's better it's buried considering how much money it devoured and how dissatisfied they were with it- Some designs are excellent however and therefore hopefully used in the next CnC.

The tank looks like the Predator too me. Just with a larger cannon and such.

EXCELLENT find there! ^_^

That tank from TFD package! Miss the tank for sure. I do have a video clip of a beta test video of Tiberium. Awesome tank paradrop into the battlefield.

That Nod cleric reminds me of Star Wars Royal Guards... cool design!

That tank from TFD package! Miss the tank for sure. I do have a video clip of a beta test video of Tiberium. Awesome tank paradrop into the battlefield.

That Nod cleric reminds me of Star Wars Royal Guards... cool design!

That wasn't a beta test, just an animated video ;)

Why is it that the concept art for a game might be cooler than the dumbed-down stuff that actually makes it into a game? D:

Why, Tiberium actually did look that cool?

And it's that way with every game. Technical limitations FTL.

Yeah, its "easy" to draw a picture and what it looks like and such, but implementing it is another thing.

Besides you can't have things looking to "futuristic" or "fancy" else you'll scare off some consumers, who like things to be clear and simple.

Tiberium's art direction wasn't bad, but from all the images I've been able to dig up (and save into my "lolTiberium" folder) A majority of them didn't have the C&C Tiberium look to them. I actually felt that most of them seemed more like C&C Generals on steroids.

And from what I've read and heard about the multiplayer game play, it sounded like it was shaping up to be a train wreck. Aside from the exclusion of C&C_Mode the original concept for it was GDI vs GDI. But after this was revealed they quickly changed it to avoid the backlash. Furthermore the overall gameplay of it was focus around control points, basically Battlefield with a C&C Tiberium skin.

As for the single player it sounded like it would be fun to play, but from watching the intro video of the game I believe the story would have been nothing but plot holes.

Guest Stevie_K
C&C Generals on steroids.

I get strange, but yet awesome pictures in my head :D

basically Battlefield with a C&C Tiberium skin.

Excactly, That's the reason im glad EA decided to call it off. It looked like a Battlefield 2142 mod to me.

Some things just doesn't work when being implented in the "Battlefield Engine", That came very clear with "Quake Wars" imo.