Sonic

13 Days Until Red Alert 3: Uprising

Did you know its only about 13 days until Red Alert 3: Uprising is made available as a digital download. You can check our Red Alert 3: Uprising Game Tracker on the main site for the latest release date information in your area. Also on the main site is a small counter showing you a countdown to the release of Red Alert 3: Uprising. If your interested in pre-ordering following any of these links.

You should be able to find Red Alert 3: Uprising on the EA Store now, it will tell you the pricing and release date for your area of the world since the EA Store is customised depending on where you live. Red Alert 3: Uprising will most likely be available on Steam as well. If you know of any other online sources to pre-ordering Red Alert 3: Uprising from let us know by adding a comment to this new thread.

$40 bucks... That isn't exactly as cheap as I had been led to believe...

Oh well, I'll stick grab it. :)

Damn, time flies, ain't it. Guess I'm so busy with work that I hardly realised that time has passed that fast.

I'm gonna sit back and wait if they gonna retail it.If not, i might consider buying it online

TBH actually I ain't paying online... I'll definitely pay if its a physical disc retail.

No worries if I'll lose out in terms of the content of the expansion, there's always a way... ;)

$40 bucks... That isn't exactly as cheap as I had been led to believe...

You can thank the weak New Zealand dollar for that.

19.95 United States Dollar =

36.94 New Zealand Dollar @ 0.5401 for notes you wish to exchange

38.17 New Zealand Dollar @ 0.5226 for cheques and travellers cheques received from overseas

38.42 New Zealand Dollar @ 0.5193 for telegraphic transfers received from overseas

39.64 New Zealand Dollar @ 0.5033 if you are purchasing United States Dollar.

Only £14.99 in the UK, amazing. KW was £24.99 on release day last year.

EA Store (Singapore) is selling at S$25.90, 12 March Release.

i was under the impression that the europian player could download directly from us but thats not the case.

thanks Sonic for the UK site i managed to reorder my copy this time corectly :D

only 16Euros! and the red alert 3 here in Greece costs now 24Euros! Excellent Prices!

i cant wait for this little red button to change from Pre-Order to Download! :rolleyes:

ra3up.png

Edited by Johnnyxp64

I don't see the point in pre-ordering a download version of a game. Its not like they will run out of copies or anything. Unless they will let you start downloading it early then it unlocks on the release date or something.

If I do end up getting Uprising (currently undecided) I will get it via the EA Store.

EA Store (Singapore) is selling at S$25.90, 12 March Release.

Can you post a link here. I'll add to the list in the first post.

...... Unless they will let you start downloading it early then it unlocks on the release date or something.

If I do end up getting Uprising (currently undecided) I will get it via the EA Store.

yeah thats the reason i prefer pre-orders even if its digital, roumors have that those in europe will have the game if not 1 day at least lots of hours earlier deu to diff time zones and why not taking advantage this extra time and let it download while i am sleeping or working, or talking a walk. :)

and also i am a huge fan of the cnc series and i preorder almost every game posible! just pure passion, and to support the team and make better games, and at the same time preorders if they are high give those developers and marketing a better hope and its a kind of telling them "thank you very much for your time spending we trust you have done a great job" and even they didnt they will try to support you, and generally i belive gives a strong motivation for them to work more and get extra credit for their work.

also 16euros its nothing!

p.s i remember i have preordered twice the Broodwar Expansion years ago, and untill now i have bought Starcraft defferent editions-version 5 times! Diablo 3 times and Wow Collectors twice too! Generals 3 copies and TW-KW 2copies. i prefer spending few more money to the video game intastry instend on other boring activities :P

so Sonic if you decide not to buy it and i will eventually end up with 2 copies of Uprising (strong possibility) i will give you 1 copy for free ;-)

Edited by Johnnyxp64

Yeah, 20 dollars is about 1/4th of a normal game's price :)

Hmmm. Time goes fast. :mellow:

Won't be buying online in this way using a credit card. Credit card companies are really struggling up to this point due to the recession. Unacceptable.

I see if you preorder Sonic, they throw in that extended service warranty thing. Which allows you to download it in 5 years time, as opposed to the standard 1 year. So for pre-ordering you get a $6 buck service for free, so its ain't that bad.

EA Store Australia

AUD$39.95

If you pre-order by March 11th, you get the extended service for free like Luk3us said. Normally AUD$5.95.

The excellent news is that EA Store accepts Paypal as well as mastercard/visa options.

I'll speak to the lawyers, make some adjustments to the will, and pre-order over the weekend to take advantage of the extended service.

EDIT:

Here are some comparisons:-

RA3 download available for $80

C&C3 for $50

KW for $40.

Edited by gben

Oh yay, if you pre-order, you get something for free that you shouldn't have to pay for anyway. This is why non-retail is so lame. -_-

I see if you preorder Sonic, they throw in that extended service warranty thing. Which allows you to download it in 5 years time, as opposed to the standard 1 year. So for pre-ordering you get a $6 buck service for free, so its ain't that bad.

I doubt I'll ever need to reinstall such a game in 5 years.

I still don't get it why bother begging for a warranty to download again in 5 years period rather than owning a disc copy where you can install uninstall over again until DVD drives become obsolete?

I doubt I'll ever need to reinstall such a game in 5 years.

But we're just talking about the benefit of pre-ordering a digital game. I think this is a neat benefit, even if they don't allow you to start downloading most of the game before the release date.

Oh you mean where you can dowload the whole game prior, but just can't play it? Yeah that would be a nice feature.

Yeah, like I heard it down before. Where you can download 95% of the game, for example, a few days before the release. Then on release date you download the unlock file or the exe or something. Helps spread the server load too!

I forget how big is the standalone Uprising anyway? Wouldn't it be easily and smaller to just release it as an expansion add-on or a straight mission pack with a patch?

Why make it stand-alone SP experience anyhoot?

Edited by gben

I forget how big is the standalone Uprising anyway?

The actual download size for Uprising hasn't been announced yet. But I'll take a guess and say it could be around 2 or 3 GB. In comparison the the RA3 install DVD is only 6.6 GB.

I'd say it will be closer to 4-5GB. As it is a standalone, and its the HD vids that will take up a large amount of space. Bout 1GB by themselves.

The actual download size for Uprising hasn't been announced yet. But I'll take a guess and say it could be around 2 or 3 GB. In comparison the the RA3 install DVD is only 6.6 GB.

Not that small, Sonic. Uprising is almost similar to RA3, the three campaigns may be smaller, but the addition of Yuriko campaign and the Commanders challenge will not decrease the file size.