Sonic

Post-Mortem: Tiberium Wars Article

The whole C&C3 issues and concerns are kinda getting repetitive and boring personally. While some comments are funny over at the other C&C sites, dicussion threads and everything, here's a list of compilation I come up with.

We have 3 sides.

WWfanboys/TDTS lovers:

- "Wait, C&C3 is a sequel to TS?"

- Tiberium, flora and fauna, mutants, mutations, environment concerns.

- "Where is walls?"

- Crappy storyline.

- GDI becomes low tech and where is mechs? Nod having militias and suicide men, wtf? Scrin is BS.

- Intel Database is cheapskate and doesn't fill in the gaps between TS and C&C3.

- Lousy designs in sturctures and units.

- Overuse of Hollywood actors.

- Crappy FMVs.

- Lousy ending.

EAfanboys/Pro CC3/TS is ridiculous folks:

- "Thanks for bringing back C&C after the years of waiting."

- Awesome gameplay.

- Multiplayer and online is awesome!

- Balance factions!

- 3 factions!

- Thank EA for dumping the useless mutant junkies and the cliche flora and fauna.

- Great sidebar interface.

- Improved hotkeys.

- HD FMVs!

- Kane is back and portrayed by Joe Kucan!

Neutral:

- All (Or most) of the above?

That should sum it all up?

Nice recap. I do recognize few comments of mine there. :D

Edited by mirza044

Thanks, the EA forum users just flamed me for disliking TS' Tb lifeforms and didn't even continue after the first sentence...

Haha, you expected otherwise? :P

But what I wish people would understand is the fact that TW was really a reboot for the C&C franchise after being in the wilderness for 4 years without a game, even longer if you count the years between TS and TW. So EALA had make it so people could pick up and play the game without the need to know what happened in TS and Firestorm

But we don't want a reboot. :( And there are plenty of narrative techniques that can be used to clue people in to backstory and events that have already happened, I'd know, I've taken writing / movie script writing courses. In fact that is what happens in every single story regardless of whether it has previous titles. There is always information presented in various fashions that explains either covertly or overtly (preferably the former) previous events that build up to the events that take place in the current story.

Okay granted 1/4 of the US population is retarded, I'll give you that, but any somewhat intelligent person can pick up the game and understand the backstory if it is revealed properly through well-spaced exposition. Heck the Intel Database is a tool created specifically for exposition! They should have harnessed the power of this explanatory device!

instead of plain text, there should be short demonstrative videos, animated pictures and accompanying informative excerpts and quotes akin to Wikipedia’s glossary style to further motivate the player in completing his primary or secondary tasks-

I haven't really commented on Ryan's article at PCNC or Hagren's article at CNC Files, mostly because I couldn't be bothered and everything that needed to be said as already been covered. TW was boring for me and no article will change that.

But what I wish people would understand is the fact that TW was really a reboot for the C&C franchise after being in the wilderness for 4 years without a game, even longer if you count the years between TS and TW. So EALA had make it so people could pick up and play the game without the need to know what happened in TS and Firestorm, but yeah there are areas of the game that are executed poorly. If C&C 3 was made back 2002/2003 rather than Generals it would have been a completely different game.

Sonic both articles aren't designed to inspire your love, so it won't change anything. They are written by fans of the game who are objectively pointing out it's flaws in the hopes that the next installment improves on the previous.

(Hags, sounds like Duke has first dibs, so I understand, we're in a pecking order!)

EDIT: Darn I forgot to include the reply of why I posted in the first place!

I agreed with the reboot, and I liked C&C3, it's Kanes Wrath that I am more critical of. Because they had gone through the pain of the reboot, and stepped backwards in many ways.

Edited by gben

They are written by fans of the game who are objectively pointing out it's flaws in the hopes that the next installment improves on the previous.

Hopes the devs got our message.

The whole C&C3 issues and concerns are kinda getting repetitive and boring personally. While some comments are funny over at the other C&C sites, dicussion threads and everything, here's a list of compilation I come up with.

We have 3 sides.

WWfanboys/TDTS lovers:

- "Where is walls?"

- Crappy storyline.

- GDI becomes low tech and where is mechs? Nod having militias and suicide men, wtf? Scrin is BS.

- Intel Database is cheapskate and doesn't fill in the gaps between TS and C&C3.

- Crappy FMVs.

- Lousy ending.

- Awesome gameplay.

- Balance factions!

- 3 factions!

- Thank EA for dumping the useless mutant junkies and the cliche flora and fauna.

- Improved hotkeys.

- HD FMVs!

Neutral:

Hehe, I agree with most of the points there, so I guess that makes me neutral :P

I liked C&C3, it's Kanes Wrath that I am more critical of. Because they had gone through the pain of the reboot, and stepped backwards in many ways.

Despite C&C 3 being a bit of let down, I thought Kane's Wrath was improved in some areas. Seeing the Titan and Wolverine again was cool.

We are discussing the universe in general so yeah.

We have 3 sides.

WWfanboys/TDTS lovers:

- "Where is walls?"

- Crappy storyline.

- Crappy FMVs.

- Lousy ending.

- Awesome gameplay.

- Balance factions!

- 3 factions!

- Improved hotkeys.

- HD FMVs!

Neutral:

The first two sides are like an analogy to Nod and GDI respectively. The third would be... what? Civilians?

Edited by Pyrodaimon

The first two sides are like an analogy to Nod and GDI respectively. The third would be... what? Civilians?

The Forgotten sounds better.

We have 3 sides.

WWfanboys/TDTS lovers:

- "Where is walls?"

- Crappy storyline.

- Crappy FMVs.

- Lousy ending.

- Awesome gameplay.

- Balance factions!

- 3 factions!

- Improved hotkeys.

- HD FMVs!

Neutral:

Wow, Malevolence, you guessed it right, got to be honest, I'm a WW fanboy, or I claimed it as myself, WW Traditionalist, keeping the old Westwood traditions alive.

Oh, to top up the list, don't forget on the CGI scenes!

WWfanboys :

- WHERE IS OUR FAVORITE CGI OUTDOOR SCENES?!*

- Enough with those excessive use of news scenes, they're starting to make us really tired!

- Mission setting is all WRONG, this is not how Theater of War looks like!

* RA3 may had added more CGI, but it's still lacking because EA wasted tons of CGI outdoor scenes all placed into the 1st Allied mission, else where gets nothing. WRONG WRONG WRONG!

EA fanboys :

- We're ok with the CGI, after all, CGI is expensive!

- So so with the news scene, it's FMV after all.

- We're fine with the mission as it is, linear is ok. But there's still some room for improvements.

Edited by Silverthorn

Wow, Malevolence, you guessed it right, got to be honest, I'm a WW fanboy, or I claimed it as myself, WW Traditionalist, keeping the old Westwood traditions alive.

In all honesty you should let this whole Westwood tradition thing go. Westwood is gone, have been gone for years now and are not coming back.

Sonic, no matter how hard you preach to any fanboy, you can never change their mindsets. As for me I just keep an open mind.

this is how i see it:

anyone who liked TD and TS may have thought that the changes made in TW was WAY too dramatic especially since it wasn't explained properly. change is good, but not when it almost remakes the universe. TW compared to TS is like Hulk compared to the newer version Incredible Hulk with ed norton....except the new hulk movie is TS...get it?

Ang Lee's Hulk has absolutely no connection with Edward Norton's Incredible Hulk. I understand that some hardcore fans are pissed off that TW seems like a totally new remake or some sorts, but EA claimed that its a sequel, not a remake.

technically incredible hulk is a sequel. its just analogy though.

TW was practically a remake of the universe. they bent the core elements of the story for no real reason except maybe to create weak plot, and didnt even do it well or give good reason how or why things changed.COP OUT

The story was good imho, and most of the changes can be easily explained, the problem is that they didn't provide one for every change and that the universe lost a bit of charme in the process- a little bit more generic now. I still like to play it from time to time though, since the gameplay is solied enough and the graphics quite pleasing.

yea no doubt it's fun to play ( i STILL only have the demo), but the story to me is screwed. i looked forwards to a continuation to TS story for years, and i dont consider this story a part of the the whole.

technically incredible hulk is a sequel. its just analogy though.

TW was practically a remake of the universe. they bent the core elements of the story for no real reason except maybe to create weak plot, and didnt even do it well or give good reason how or why things changed.COP OUT

Not to sound anti EA for this little rant, but somehow TW reminds me a spinoff of superman.