Sign in to follow this  
Sonic

What older C&C games do you still play?

i still play tiberian sun and a little renegade but mostly now i play call of duty (im waiting for the expansion pack, wich come out in september or october maby novemeber) and metroid (im w8ting on metroid prime 2 to come out)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- :lol:

Go samus!!

Still play them all from time to time. In fact, the week before I left for college I spent the whole time playing Tiberian Dawn. It was hard. I guess you lose your edge after a year or two. I play RA1 about once or twice a month and TS about the same. I spend most of my time on Renegade, though.

I still play em all... But ive been preoccupied with Doom 3 online at the moment....

Tiberian Sun was my fav of the older cnc games. :evil: and now I see a total conversion I'm regretting giving it to my brother.

I through Generals under my desk when i brought it because the system requirements weren't exactly truthfull. Now with my 128MB card I'm almost finished it.

RA2 and YR are still the best in my opinion 8)

I still play TS, RA, and C&C occasionally... I have them cracked and streaming off a USB flash drive keychain. I can play them on any computer as I travel :D

Smart idea with the flashdrive! I still play RA1 occasionally, and some TS. Mostly RA2 and YR. For some reason my Generals quit allowing me to play it. I havent messed with it or anything. Ive never played RA Counterstrike or Covert ops. I dont even have TD! But i did beat it ages ago on my friends Sega Saturn. We had a blast.

Latley I'm looking into moding the voxels to go with my changes to rules.ini on RA/Aftermath,TS/FS,and RA2/YR

Should be cool when I'm done, but I'm debating whether I should send it to someone to post for download. Right now, probably not. But you never know....

i play C&C 1 heaps and RED ALERT 1 i have had to buy 3 copys of red alert to keep me satafied i sometimes have dreqams of playing red alert in my sleep so i have to get up to keep me satafied.

oh well at least i havent started to learn russian.

i have been playing Renegade too much... I had a dream of me kiling a mendoza with a shotgun...... not a good sign.... i was playing it until 1 am yesterday.... :bouncer: :drunk:

I also downloaded FullRA from RA Afraid... I've been playing it alot. I never knew RA1 was that fun.. Its much better than TS.. Addicting too...I played it for 3 hrs straight last Sunday. Giant ant missions are very fun..

RA1 is one of the best games ever..despite its age

Seriously... RA1 is still awesome.

Seriously though, from TD to Generals, graphics HAVE been getting much better, but there's less and less spirit to the game, not to mention they get easier and easier too.

Back in the days of TD and RA, I used to have to save hundreds of times for some missions, particularly for the Covert Ops, the campaigns were decently long too, Generals however, you could easily play right through in one day without saving once.

Generals: Ibeat the US and half the Chinese in 1 day. TD it took me about 8 weeks (sega saturn) RA took forever, TS took a while, RA2 took maybe 2 days for each campaign. They do seem to be losing some of their "feel"

Generals: Ibeat the US and half the Chinese in 1 day. TD it took me about 8 weeks (sega saturn) RA took forever, TS took a while, RA2 took maybe 2 days for each campaign. They do seem to be losing some of their "feel"

oh absolutely. The old games are just so much more substative.... not nearly as much flash, but more atmosphere/story/STUBSTANCE.

Hope the upcoming ones have at least 20 missions. RA had what 50? Generals had a grand total of......7. Wasted.

we could all mass email EA telling them to out more missions.

think about it: If every C&C site told its users to email the adress of EA community manager to ask for more levels, i think EA might respond..especially with tons of mail going in

Or they could make a game with 2 missions and a virus that lies dormant for a year or so, just long enough for everyone to get it on their comp, then at a programed date, &^%&$&^$&^#. There goes your hard drive. Your bank accounts. Your E-mail. Your everything. Then the world stock market crashes and the whole planet goes into depression. The End.

Or not. A mass E-mail would at least let EA know that the comunity is out there and paying attention to whats going on. Of course (real situation) EA makes a half effort, then says there will be 2 expansions (like with RA1, but that was a 1st class job) then Petroglyph goes and wastes EA RTS with something really good. (???)

Guest ES Panda

I have been trying to get RA1 to work on a USB for ages and couldnt make it work....how did you do it??????

you need to extract the files from the CD that dont get installed to the HD.