Sign in to follow this  
Sonic

Command & Conquer 4 to be Unveiled in July?

German C&C site, CNC Inside, have found out that Command & Conquer 4 could be unveiled to world as early as July via GameStar magazine. Judging by the small article scanned from a current issue of the magazine it would appear that the 29th of July might be the big day.

cnc4_gs_s.jpg

Loosely translated from German to English using Google, the text reads....

SECRET!

Preview: Attention, Unveiling...

Behind the mysterious mosaic hides the continuation of a (mostly here) highly popular game series, exclusively revealed in GameStar next month. We are on the ground in the USA, as the first magazine to take a look at a playable version, and the state of development. Look forward with us on our cover story of GameStar Edition 09/2008, which will unveil the secret!

The scan or translation could be anything to be honest. Because it doesn't actually say C&C anywhere but its fun to speculate I guess. There is some more details at CNC Inside, including someone who has tried to pick stuff out of the mosaic/blurry mess. When you have to try and find things in a blurry picture your really clutching at straws.

Guest Stevie_K

Nice find Sonic!

Staring at the mozaic tiles you could picture a C&C3 look alike map or scene.

EA likes doing secret stuff and create this sort of attention, just like hide and seek :)

Unveiled in July, set for release December, will be pushed back to March...

Sounds good to me. ^_^

The "(mostly here)" part (or "(vor allem hierzulande)") is what confirms to me this is an RTS game. C&C is huge in Germany, the second largest market after the USA. But the brown colors look more like Generals 2 to me, instead of C&C4. :unsure:

Look forward with us on our cover story of GameStar Edition 09/2008, which will unveil the secret!

09/2009

The "(mostly here)" part (or "(vor allem hierzulande)") is what confirms to me this is an RTS game. C&C is huge in Germany, the second largest market after the USA. But the brown colors look more like Generals 2 to me, instead of C&C4. :unsure:

could very well just be a tiberian desert

Well going from that image I honestly think it looks like some sort of early C&C3 screenshot just put into a mosaic....

After blurring the image several times over, it looks possibly like a ship of some kind. Or a very blurry picture. Either way, I looked, I fiddled, I got bored and stopped caring. It is what it is and we will know more in due time. That is all.

Edited by Nmenth

It looks like a C&C3 mod. This is lame to be honest.

How do you know what it looks like? >___>

Guest Stevie_K

well.. I played around with the picture a few minutes and my money is on a vehicle of some sort driving/flying through a desert with tiberium in the background.

I don't see any sign of a mod here..

all that hype for nothing then?

Check the latest thread, the one that awakened me. C&C4 is coming.

It definitely says continuation of a popular series.

So it just being a mod is very unlikely.

And it also say that hey are the first on the ground (in the USA) to witness the first playable version and find out how far the development is.

However that assumes that the scanned in picture is correct (I don't have a current GameStar at home).

@hagren: How did you get the original screen from the mosaic?

If that is true it looks like C&C3. In that case the question would be if it is a second AddOn or if they used the previous game to just let us know for which game the successor is and it isn't actually a screen of the successor, though that would be strange as it says it hides the successor to a popular series...

I didn't. Kodaemon found the original screenshot, it's from CnC3 ;)

I found this picture of the mobile base "Crawler", the name was mentioned in the recent survey, not too sure if its related of sorts or simply fan art.

nodcrawler.jpg

@hagren:

Why would they use that pic to make an announcement for a continuation?

Shouldn't it show something new or was it intended to just "show" the old series that will get a continuation?

Of course, there is also the possibiltiy that they didn't yet have any screens of C&C4 available and therefore couldn't use one...

I guess we have to wait and see what will be announced at 29th July.

Edited by ghost_zero

Hi ghost_zero, the usage of the old C&C3 screenshot was probably a placeholder picture. I believe at this point of time C&C4 is still in infancy stage, so there you go.

The plot thickens!! I'm not one to speculate but doesn't that pretty much guarantee that they'll be unveiling the next Tiberium C&C?

They said no C&C 3 expansions after Kane's Wrath, but could they not change their minds? That would explain why it does not look like a completely new game...

Edited by Nmenth