Luk3us

Command & Conquer 4 - First Details!

Although we have yet to see an official press release, GameSpot, have posted up the first Question and Answer session with game designer Samuel Bass. The interview gives us a general view of what the game aims to achieve. It also states that this will be the finale in the Tiberium Saga, though perhaps not the last time we see Tiberium... You can view the first screenshot from the game below.

normal_screen1.jpg

To read the entire Q&A session click here.

Here is some newly released concept art!

It shows to what I believe is the new Predator Tank, the Prowler, with some new solar panels, and the art also shows Orca's coming out of what is to be the new transports or even a space carrier.

Edited by TheRoadToDawn

Nice looking concept art. Looks like a solar powered predator tank with some Tiberium coating. hahaha.

From reading the Q&A fortuantely the game isn't an MMO type game, but you'll going to have to be online at all times to play... Might be a serious issue for some.. Not me though. ^_^

BRING ON C&C4 - Nod FTW! - I think that would be a good subtitle. hahahha

Well I'm disappointed with the direction... but not angry.

But I'll try to keep an open mind....

Sweet! Interesting to see GDI heading back to the TS tech, more battlecruisers, ships and mechanized walkers! The logo was kinda unexpected for me... what font is the "4"?

I imagine its just a WIP like they had with C&C3.

I dislike them moving BACK to TS tech, after they got rid of walkers so well in TW. :( Stupid walkers... >:( But whatever, as long as I get my ski mobile tank (The Scorpion. :P)

Actually its kinda cool in a way though, I very much love the reintroduction of futuristic stuff like these. C'mon it's definitely TEH TIME AND ERA in the C&C universe to start massing a fleet of Tau-ri based Battlecruisers, ships and cool walkers with tanks. It's time to kick those Scrin buggers green butts and ascend to a higher plane of existence with Kane for crying out loud.

My problem lies in the outdated graphics. SAGEs pathfinding, net code, AI handling and scaling sucks.

9610872009070809790scre.th.jpg imageomaticx.th.jpg

Time to save these images, assuming that these are leaks, EA may take em away and want to hold on until a later date.

Edited by Malevolence

9610872009070809790scre.th.jpg imageomaticx.th.jpg

Time to save these images, assuming that these are leaks, EA may take em away and want to hold on until a later date.

Those images are very official. One from the press release -> http://news.ea.com/portal/site/ea/index.js...amp;newsLang=en

and the second (the in-game image) from GameSpot as said in the news post..

[yep, my first post in CNCNZ forums:P hoping for many more to come]

Edited by Cyborg207

Those images are very official. One from the press release -> http://news.ea.com/portal/site/ea/index.js...amp;newsLang=en

and the second (the in-game image) from GameSpot as said in the news post..

One can't be certain about it. Lol. The two pics are really great updates and I'll need some time examining it.

[yep, my first post in CNCNZ forums:P hoping for many more to come]

Do make a proper introduction here. Welcome btw.

Edited by Malevolence

It's seems that C&C community going to have a chance to suggest subtitle for C&C4, according to Gamespot's C&C QA. My suggestion for C&C4 subtitle is Tiberian Twilight!

Tiberian Twilight will be my choice of the subtitle too! Sonic should make a poll!

This is my l33t concept.

malevolenceconcept.png

Oh check out the CommandAndConquer.com homepage! It's C&C4 theme!

Edited by Malevolence

In the press release the Scrin weren't mentioned. Won't they be in the game?

Which I think would be very unlikely, especially regarding the Scrin end of the C&C3 campaign.

Btw.: I don't get the reason why I would need to be online to prevent cheating? As long as I play single player only it should be completely pointless if I cheat or not..?

Or is this related to that "strange" survey regarding MMO elements?

Edited by ghost_zero

So I love the concepts presented (cept maybe the mobile base part, but i'll give it a chance). But my only problem at the moment is the art direction for the units...

and how it sounds, Nod and GDI... helping each other?! I can understand them doing that with scrin and Cabal... but helping each other to eradicate Tiberium?! That doesn't sound right at all o.O

Not sure if the folks would approve the idea of manipulating the Scrin threshold 19 tower to travel to Scrin worlds to perform various missions, that would sound intriguing.

Tiberian Twilight will be my choice of the subtitle too! Sonic should make a poll!

This is my l33t concept.

malevolenceconcept.png

Oh check out the CommandAndConquer.com homepage! It's C&C4 theme!

Well done! ^_^

I'm going to wait for more details about C&C4 to form my opinion. Many C&C4 features mentioned in that Gamespot QA I found very interesting, except one: must be online when play singleplayer or skirmish!? WTF! No internet connection or temporary not available internet connection and you can't play C&C4! It's worse than RA3 DRM!

Well done! ^_^

I'm going to wait for more details about C&C4 to form my opinion. Many C&C4 features mentioned in that Gamespot QA I found very interesting, except one: must be online when play singleplayer or skirmish!? WTF! No internet connection or temporary not available internet connection and you can't play C&C4! It's worse than RA3 DRM!

Thanks.

I was wondering what happen if a user has a low bandwidth connection, say 56kbps, will he be able to play? And what happen when you are playing halfway the internet disconnects, game over on single player (no coop etc)? At least there's no DRM.

I hope to see C&C concludes with a small possibility to open for a new TV series, a good example such as Stargate. There are some themes that are fitting, Stargate--Threshold 19, Ascension, aliens, ships, battles etc...

C'mon it's definitely TEH TIME AND ERA in the C&C universe to start massing a fleet of Tau-ri based Battlecruisers, ships and cool walkers with tanks.

Totally agree!We want Daedalus class ships!

Well, When i first saw a SS of C&C3, i was let down by the design of the armies

However, seeing this SS of C&C4, really gave me the same feeling when i first saw Tiberian sun

I can say, i am looking very forward to this!

feels a bit unoriginal, but its hard to come up with something original these days...

would like to see better graphics...

hope they take a lot of time making this one...

and they should name it Command & Conquer 4: Tiberian Ascension

Thanks.

I was wondering what happen if a user has a low bandwidth connection, say 56kbps, will he be able to play? And what happen when you are playing halfway the internet disconnects, game over on single player (no coop etc)? At least there's no DRM.

I hope to see C&C concludes with a small possibility to open for a new TV series, a good example such as Stargate. There are some themes that are fitting, Stargate--Threshold 19, Ascension, aliens, ships, battles etc...

There is much worse scenario. Imagine, in some point in the future, EA stops with support for C&C4 and how you going to play C&C4? Another scenario: hypotheticaly, something happens to EA (shutdown, bankruptcy, etc) and then how you suppose to play C&C4? C&C community is not some MMO community, heck, it's not even multiplayer community!

I don't see using SAGE engine as drawback. Many engine drawbacks is possible to overcome with clever design of units, terrain, buildings, etc. Many C&C3 TW mods proves that. I see logic behind that, EA probably want's that C&C4 be playable for wide variety of PC specs, even RA3 is better optimized and runs better on low-end machines. It's going to be interesting to see system requirements for C&C4 and waht version of SAGE engine use it: C&C3 (KW) upgraded version or upgraded version of RA3 engine, but I think it's going to be second.

I'm so excited! I'm not sure if I like the idea of this MMO style leveling up, but I suppose they could make it good. Of course the only name for this game that I would accept would be Tiberian Twilight.