Sign in to follow this  
Guest ema2ooo

C&C Generals & Zero Hour skip intro

Guest ema2ooo

hi guyz is there's any patch that can skip intro

thx

Guest MachineDoctor

I'm not sure if you mean the GAME Intro or a MISSION Intro.

If it's the GAME Intro, just press the Escape Key.

If it's a MISSION Intro, let it play through and as soon as you get your control screen, SAVE the game.

Next time you want to play that MISSION, use the Load Game Option and select your saved MISSION.

Hope it helps!

Guest ema2ooo

it's game intro i've deleted intro movies , after when trying to start the game it gives error :?

Guest MachineDoctor

I'm not sure what to tell you.

I bypass the game intro by just pressing Escape.

As for the Mission Intros, I wouldn't mess with them.

So, that said, my recommendation is that you re-install the game and use the methods I described in my previous post to avoid the intros.

whats that site that launched about a month ago that has loadsa generals info

it was news on this site I think

I used that last time for generals and it gave commands to put at the end of your desktop shortcut and it skipped the GAME intro, I also felt it made the game run a bit smoother

I will tell you what i did to generals as it might work for ZH

add -nologo onto the end of your command line on the short cut

(there is a space before the dash)

right click -> properties -> Target

That'll only get rid of the EA logo, you need to use -quickstart to get rid of both it and the movies.

Guest MachineDoctor

Great help guys! Thanks alot! I didn;t know that there were "switches" available.

Hmmm, now you know I'm going to have to try the old DOS command

generals.exe /?

That used to list all the "switches" available to an executable.

Thanks again!

Guest ema2ooo

cooooooooool :D

In Generals you could add -noshellmap -nologo to your desktop shortcut to skip the loading intros and disable the animated shell map behind the menues. See the screen shot below.

tech_gen_speed_load.jpg

However, people have tried using this in Zero Hour and it doesn't seem to work. Try it your self, you never know :wink:

Read the full guide here: http://www.cncnz.com/features/tech/gen_spe..._loadtime.shtml

Also some people may be interested in this text file of extra Generals commands, I have no idea what any of them do or if they will work with Zero Hour: http://www.cncnz.com/incoming/generalscommands.txt

whats that site that launched about a month ago that has loadsa generals info it was news on this site I think

Chillin, Is the site your looking for? http://free.hostdepartment.com/s/skyhigh911/generals.html

Guest Dragonne{TRIAD}

The only command line parameter that works in ZH is -noshellmap.

To get rid of the EA Logo and the intro movie:

1) Go to Command & Conquer General Zero HourDataEnglishMovies

2) Rename the following files:

EA_LOGO.BIK

EA_LOGO640.BIK

sizzle_review.bik

sizzle_review640.bik

...to

EA_LOGO.old

EA_LOGO640.old

sizzle_review.old

sizzle_review640.old

3) DONE!

Enjoy! =D

Yes, you're right, I've done this too. But I deleted the files after I found that the game still works. Saves 53 MB of disk space.

Yes, you're right, I've done this too. But I deleted the files after I found that the game still works. Saves 53 MB of disk space.

In these modern days of 40GB, 60GB, 80GB and 100+GB hard drives is a measly 53 MB really a waste of disk space :wink:

I just let the intros the play, I don't find it that hard to hit the ESC key to cancel them. Plus I think the Zero Hour intro is rather cool :D

I still want trid of them

it gets annoying after a while

this is the second time now that my ZH has caused my PC to just reboot

no more said otherwise it might get moved

this is the second time now that my ZH has caused my PC to just reboot

I think thats caused by over-heating. Give your PC's case a good blow out to clear out all the dust etc....

In these modern days of 40GB, 60GB, 80GB and 100+GB hard drives is a measly 53 MB really a waste of disk space :wink:

I just let the intros the play, I don't find it that hard to hit the ESC key to cancel them. Plus I think the Zero Hour intro is rather cool :D

Well, I don't like the EA logo. And with Generals too, it becomes 2x53 MB = 0.1 GB. And I have 9.7 GB left on my games drive (and 20 GB in other places). So I have to tidy up things ;)

I think thats caused by over-heating. Give your PC's case a good blow out to clear out all the dust etc....

hmm I thought that but its fine now. I think i had some sort of virus because earlier that day i uninstalled my antivirus and told it to delete files in quaratine but i think i it failed to. anyway I have put on my new one and everything is working

but i think it does need a clean :shock: its pretty disgusting in there. and my network card is in one of the horizontal slots at the back of course so there is a pile of dust on there at least 2cm high in the centre :!:

also, where the hell do you put those shell maps you download??

it says in a maps folder but I dont have one!

I created one once and tat didnt help.

where the hell do you put those shell maps you download??

it says in a maps folder but I dont have one!

I created one once and tat didnt help.

Make a new folder called ShellMap1 inside the Command and Conquer GeneralsMaps folder. After creating it, extract all the files inside the ZIP into this folder

You should end up with something like Program FilesEA GamesCommand and Conquer GeneralsMapsShellMap1 folder.

For the Zero Hour shell maps just repeat this process but you would obvisously be working in your Program FilesEA GamesCommand & Conquer Generals Zero Hour folder.

Guest MasterWonka

if you want to get rid of movies replace them with shorter ones but to do that you would have to change the run times of the movies. for example the music in the background is a series of mp3s if you changed them they would most likely fade out in the middle of the song b/c EAs songs are shorter than most 3-4 min contemporary song. well with movies if it fades you will prolly get a crash. if you set the run time to zero you could esc out of the video although doin nothing would allow it to run. this is the best method. confused ... good! youve got to learn to know. or i could just show you :roll: contact me for help

[email protected]