Sonic

Summary of C&C4 Info from GameStar Magazine - Updated

It work alright in the game, in terms of gameplay and especially multiplayer. But it doesn;t make any sense in story line at all. In fact, the tiberium (only found within a specific radius of the field) in C&C3 doesn't make any sense either, it should spread like wildfire, as shown in FMVs, not controlled.

For the RA3 ore node part, yeap, it does work well and I'm ok with it, except the gems I'll be missed, RIP Gems.

For the Tiberium, yes, I prefer it to spread like disease when left unharvested, not some children always want to stick with its parents (The fissure).

Actually the EA's tiberium doesn't require to have close proximity to fissures to ensure survival. In fact it just turns everything into more tiberium, theoretically EA's Tiberium should spread like wildfire as well.

either:

a) it doesn't grow fast enough

B) it's harvested too quickly

c) it cannot grow independantly ie. i grows as close to the fisure as possible instead of spreading from each indevidual 'cell' of tiberium

Edited by BioBen

When I play Tiberian Sun, Tiberium doesn't actually need their fissures or blossom trees in order to survive. Even a single small patch of Tiberium can grow into a larger field if left unharvested. So that means Tiberium should be treated as a disease, NOT children who seriously needs their parents.

Edited by Silverthorn

either:

a) it doesn't grow fast enough

B) it's harvested too quickly

c) it cannot grow independantly ie. i grows as close to the fisure as possible instead of spreading from each indevidual 'cell' of tiberium

Since when does it say that?

I also want to ask the same thing, BioBen, did you play Tiberian Sun and observe the slow-growing Tiberium? Especially when that patch is all alone without its blossom tree. You can get lone & small Tiberium fields is when you kill anything that has Tiberium, such as harvesters, cyborgs & mutants. These lonely crystals also grow, man!

Edited by Silverthorn

Not just Westwood's tiberium does that.

EALA's tiberium was mentioned that they replicate by turning other matter into more tiberium. Still remember that weird dead guy's picture with crystals photoshopped on him and his missing limp?

I also remember EA claims to work with MIT or anything scientific, apparently Tiberium still remains fictional. And the picture we saw is just another work of Photoshop. Like magic, when you know the magician's secret.

You mean this picture?

normal_concept_tiberium.jpg

No... well I didn't think so. I assumed he was talking about this one...

CC3_TiberiumInfectedHuman.jpg

Is that in your gallery Sonic? - I couldn't find in the C&C3 concept section.

But of course Mal could have been talking about these...

thumb_concept43.jpg thumb_concept44.jpg thumb_concept45.jpg thumb_concept46.jpg thumb_concept47.jpg

Of course as Mal said, EALA's version of Tiberium should be more aggressive in it's spreading

Westwood's Tiberium has always been the most dangerous and what we feared most, but EA just took them too lightly and turn the crystals into babies that requires their mommies. :(

No... well I didn't think so. I assumed he was talking about this one...

But of course Mal could have been talking about these...

thumb_concept43.jpg thumb_concept44.jpg thumb_concept45.jpg thumb_concept46.jpg thumb_concept47.jpg

Of course as Mal said, EALA's version of Tiberium should be more aggressive in it's spreading

Yes, thank you gben for digging these pictures and inserting them here. Really appreciate that effort! :)

Yes that fat dude was the one I was talking about.

And thank you for that remaining pictures which aid in supporting my talk that EALA's tiberium is equally aggresive, or possibly even more aggressive that Westwood's tiberium.

Always hated that image. Its just gross :puke:

So I never got around to adding to the gallery.

But still it is part of C&C3 pictures, you should add them whether you like it or not, its for everyone to see it.

But yeah the point is the fiction behind EALA's tiberium doesn't match it's in-game characteristics... which is a shame, dare I say... criminal neglect!

Ahem, my previous post was refering to Tiberium wars tiberium not TS