Sign in to follow this  
Sonic

Tiberian Twilight Revealed as Command & Conquer 4 Subtitle

That's quite debatable when I saw it's not new, but that one was probably or possibly the last honor to Westwood since that name was created by them. Although they are being themselves, but I do know they still have a little Westwood blood in them before all of them runs out.

The title Tiberian Twilight has been named by ex-Westwood back in 2003 on working with C&C3 until Westwood was shut down by EA. We don't know why EALA's C&C3 didn't get Tiberian Twilight as the subtitle back then.

But at least we users are glad for the subtitle to be back once again.

Finnaly EA does something good with this game, next to the Mastodon

Good name, good name...I don't disagree at all with the selection of this title, only maybe that it was not really a surprise.

The title Tiberian Twilight has been named by ex-Westwood back in 2003 on working with C&C3 until Westwood was shut down by EA. We don't know why EALA's C&C3 didn't get Tiberian Twilight as the subtitle back then.

But at least we users are glad for the subtitle to be back once again.

It was meant to be C&C3 as I remembered, but after the shut down, the story is changed since Kane is back. So I think the story doesn't end like EA did with C&C3 such as retaining the Scrin tower & such, or even Kane's Wrath saying the Tacitus finally belongs to Nod. The story has to end somewhere until it reaches to a dead end.

For the case of C&C3, EA's popularity was not risen high enough at that time, that's why the lame & lousy "Tiberium Wars" name was used, AND before the Quality Inspection level was rose after the cancellation of the Tiberium FPS game. Name does count, C&C3 TW may had survived the test, but not C&C4, a lame subtitle name will NOT please the higher EA directors. But in this case, "Tiberian Twilight" sounds like a good name, not some "Tiberium Wars" name which the primary school kids can say that, which is not very bright and creative.

The first thing out of my mouth was: "Holy #%^& is it?!?" O_O

I mean I knew that a lot of people would vote for it but I didn't really think it would win. Wow. =O

Me too, I thought it'll never win since EA wants to prefer a title which is not Westwood-related. But in the end, it's a miracle or dream come true. Congrats to those who wrote Tiberian Twilight, now they can get into the beta as well, not to mention the many numbers of it.

I thought it'll never win since EA wants to prefer a title which is not Westwood-related.

Would you quit slagging off EA with no evidense what-so-ever, it's really quite annoying.

Um I guess this is good news, but I'm a little underwhelmed. I guess I'd be outraged if they picked anything else though.

Yah for mob rules!

I was looking around the official forums, and I find it funny. It appears that there are more people whining about the subtitle than praising it (given the fact the majority of the community favors Tiberian Twilight), and another even funny thing is that some fans are so worried that it has something to do with that emotional vampire film. :facepalm:

LEAKED CNC 4 NEWS! SPOILER ALERT!

Kane is a vampire.

:facepalm: Yea we have enough of aliens and sci fi here, theres no room for fantasy like vampires and wolves to be in the franchise.

no please

Edited by Renamon

Oh please, BioBen, will you give it a rest?! You should bear with me that I'm a huge Westwood fan! If you see me writing that, the easiest thing to do is just IGNORE it! Simple!

Anyway, they hate that subtitle instead of praising it?! Traitors against Westwood?!

words are not enough to express my dissapoint... :(

nooooooooooooooooooooooe.png

And neither is that picture...

:)

words are not enough to express my dissapoint... :(

Mind explaining yourself in detail why it disappoints you?

no please

Edited by Renamon

Good choise.

The only bad this is that I think this game is not worth to get that name :S

I thought the name is good, but how can people suddenly hate it?! It's just like how come those noobs love HM3 & Grinder 2 so much when hardcore Westwoodians (Most of them) hate those music. What's with those noobs?! :angry:

I thought the name is good, but how can people suddenly hate it?!

Because it's the people that are dissatisfied that generally speak up.

If there are a thousand fans in a setting and 10% don't like something, you will hear 100 fans complaining.

APOC just posted this on Twitter about the Tiberian Twilight name...

Tiberian Twilight was the clear runaway fan community favorite amongst all entries, winners will be notified this week

http://twitter.com/EA_APOC/status/3491783568

Me too, will I win? I'm not very sure, I don't mind winning, but too bad that my jobs are going to occupy most of my times.