Troopzor

Rumour: EA Job Cuts to Include C&C Team

Hey everyone,

First off, I wanted to let you know my job as your C&C Community Manager is safe, and I am not going anywhere after C&C 4 launches next year. I've got a community to uphold, so if this was a fear within you that your good old friend APOC was departing, fear not.

Second, I would sincerely appreciate if people did not mention development team members names in respect of this situation, no matter what rumors float around the mill. These are real people with families and lives outside of work and its incredibly disrespectful (even as a fan) to mention names in such negative fashion. The lack of compassion often shocks me in real life situations. I will leave it at that and ask for your respect.

Our development team is putting its heart and soul in to C&C 4, and while I cannot speak further to the situation, we are laser focused on getting the Beta rolling and continuing to propel the game further with your participation.

Thanks,

APOC

Edited by EA Apoc

Guest Stevie_K
Oh god. As much as they deserve the licence, this is a perfect excus for the hardliner westwoodians to begin the ravings about how Petroglyph are better etc, etc...

okay, let's not provoke that further shall we? :)

Our development team is putting its heart and soul in to C&C 4. We are laser focused on getting the Beta rolling and continuing to propel the game further with your participation.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

okay, let's not provoke that further shall we? :)

Hence why i ended with etc, etc. I think we all know how that will happen.

Second, I would sincerely appreciate if people did not mention development team members names in respect of this situation, no matter what rumors float around the mill. These are real people with families and lives outside of work and its incredibly disrespectful (even as a fan) to mention names in such negative fashion. The lack of compassion often shocks me in real life situations. I will leave it at that and ask for your respect.

I completely agree. I've gone through every post in this thread are removed all development team names.

I would like to see all the negative and harsh comments stay out of this thread please. Especially ridiculous references to giving the franchise to other companies :rolleyes:

Hey everyone,

First off, I wanted to let you know my job as your C&C Community Manager is safe, and I am not going anywhere after C&C 4 launches next year. I've got a community to uphold, so if this was a fear within you that your good old friend APOC was departing, fear not.

Our development team is putting its heart and soul in to C&C 4, and while I cannot speak further to the situation, we are laser focused on getting the Beta rolling and continuing to propel the game further with your participation.

Thanks,

APOC

Good to hear you're still around.

As for the ones being layed off. It is a shame, and we can only hope that they will find new jobs after this.

Hey, developing a C&C game standing on ur CV is a good thing ya? :lol:

Jeez this must be really tough, APOC, especially since you get to stay and many of your friends don't. We feel for ya.

As for C&C, we're all familiar with EA's cash cow tendencies. C&C brings in tons of money and for them to completely throw it away is ridiculous. And as long as there are people like APOC who really love the game, working for EA, C&C will carry on.

Even though if Apoc, EALA and BCPT will be gone, the problem now lies in the main feature in C&C4, full online mode. If EALA is gone after C&C4 is released, what's going to happen when it comes to play C&C4 online? C&C4 MUST HAVE OFFLINE MODE SUPPORT ON RELEASE WHEN THIS SITUATION IS HAPPENING!!!

This is too bad, I was looking forward to this game. I do not like the direction the gameplay was going but I really wanted a grand conclusion to the story. Now it looks like features will be cut, bugs will multiply and the odds of seeing an expansion will decline sharply. :(

Development of C&C 4 will continue and has not been affected. Its worse that people have lost their jobs though so just remember that.

Update: I found a recent article about that EA is going to bring back some staff to work in only low-cost locations:

http://online.wsj.com/article/BT-CO-20091112-717443.html

Not much to say about that though. I say that EA has made another mistake in the business lately.

But once again good luck to those selectable of 1500 workers who might want their jobs back.

Guest Stevie_K

I don't know whether that's good news or bad news :mellow: