Sonic

Command & Conquer 4 in the #1 Spot Again

When it comes to sales charts I'm not one to really care, but news is news so we post it. For the second week in a row Command & Conquer 4: Tiberian Twilight has retained it's spot at the top of the sales charts for the UK and Europe. Here is this weeks top 10 according to the ELSPA.

1. (1) Command And Conquer 4: Tiberian Twilight (Electronic Arts)
  2. (4) Football Manager 2010 (Sega)
  3. (3) Battlefield: Bad Company 2 (Electronic Arts)
  4. (8) The Sims 3 (Electronic Arts)
  5. (6) Napoleon: Total War (Sega)
  6. (-) The Settlers 7: Paths To A Kingdom (Blue Byte)
  7. (-) Just Cause 2 (Eidos)
  8. (2) Dragon Age: Origins - Awakenings (Electronic Arts)
  9. (5) Warhammer 40,000: Dawn Of War II - Chaos (THQ)
  10. (10) The Sims 3: World Adventures (Electronic Arts)
As mentioned this is for the UK and Europe, we haven't seen anything similar for the North American region. But I have heard that Command & Conquer 4: Tiberian Twilight was sitting around the #7 spot for Steam sales.

It's impressive for sure... I have doubts/concerns about what happens after they get home...

I can't believe many people are still deceived by this. Whether if it's in Europe or Asia or anywhere, sales will always be fixed. Once a deceived customer buys the so called "good" game, but when they play it and find it purely bad. There will be no such thing as a refund at the game retail shop. *facepalms* Oh the humanity!

You EA, you really know how to suck out money out from our pockets, out from people who have no idea behind your bad game. In the long run, I'm sure you'll have lesser customers as in the future they'll become smarter, most of all, lessons learned.

Edited by Silverthorn

A friend showed me this, from Amazon.com, America's largest online retailer:

tmp-52.jpg

As long as they have that C&C name they will sell, even if hte game is pure garbage.

But honestly how long before even the name is tarnished? :(

As long as they have that C&C name they will sell, even if hte game is pure garbage.

The C&C name survived Tiberium Wars, but now it's lost credibility.

C&C survived Sole Survivor, it'll survive this.

I'll be honest though. I bought the game, but only for the Single player. Boy was I disappointed in it :(

C&C survived Sole Survivor, it'll survive this.

I'll be honest though. I bought the game, but only for the Single player. Boy was I disappointed in it :(

Lets hope it will survive this, for the older fans at least...the new breed theyve dragged in might be proud of this abomination but many old timers arnt.

I read theres really no more C&C for the next what 5 years? (Correct me if im wrong.) Hope they take that time to actually develop a C&C worthy of the name. Be nice to see what Tiberium was going to be about....*hint hint* EA, C&C shooter (and no i dont mean next year...take your time, actually DEVELOP the game). I know ill get lynched for saying so, but be awesome to see C&C from a FPS view again..

Edited by Publix666

If you look on the top 10 selling games, C&C4 is indeed on the 7th place.

A friend showed me this, from Amazon.com, America's largest online retailer:

tmp-52.jpg

Holy herror! Now that's a sight for sore eyes, it'll make the haters happy to see a huge insult to EA after all. :) But I fear EA will not feel a thing from the whole 1 STAR rating given.

C&C is kind of a powerful name, but when used badly, fans will retaliate. Remember how Generals stole the C&C name in the first place?

Edited by Silverthorn

Hey come on, after all, it should deserve ranking number 1 after being such an epic product even though I gave it an epic 5.5 out of 10.

Edited by Malevolence

I can't believe many people are still deceived by this. Whether if it's in Europe or Asia or anywhere, sales will always be fixed. Once a deceived customer buys the so called "good" game, but when they play it and find it purely bad. There will be no such thing as a refund at the game retail shop. *facepalms* Oh the humanity!

You EA, you really know how to suck out money out from our pockets, out from people who have no idea behind your bad game. In the long run, I'm sure you'll have lesser customers as in the future they'll become smarter, most of all, lessons learned.

Hey, look at the date of this news.

It doesn't deserve as #1, Mal, if you read my post carefully, you get the idea. Because I know business, C&C4 is a bad product on the inside, but on the outside, it's all too good to be true. Remember the common email scams of "You win $1,000,000 in a lottery. Send us your details so we can bank the money to you!" Deceived victims will fall for it and in the end, they got conned. So EALA & C&C4 is using the same con method. So it sells the bad product to become #1, I bet many disappointed customers will be asking for a refund, if they can't, they'll just throw the game away and never see it again.

Hey, look at the date of this news.

Sorry Banshee I don't post lame April Fools joke here.

And Silverthorn, you should really think before you post. Because you make up some of the dumbest **** I've ever seen on any forum in this community. In your twisted little world do you honestly believe that EALA are sitting back and planning ways to screw over the C&C fans. Well here's the cold hard truth, game development is a business and the idea is to make make money.

Well I'm sorry to be so blunt towards you Silverthorn, your entitled to your opinions. But I see what you post on our forums and the on the CNC Den news comments, and my my only conclusion is that you have very clouded view of what is really happening. Its nothing personal though, I'm sure your cool dude in real life.

When it comes to C&C I'm a realist, I don't bull**** anyone. I try to find the positives in the newer games. Seeing C&C 4 at the top of the sales charts is a positive. The game is enjoyable and fun to play. I'm sorry you can't see that. But hey what do I know, I've only been in the community for like 12 or so years ;)

I understand, man. Many people from here had seen me how a big a**hole like myself acted this way, to be honest, I'm not like that the way I was supposed to be. I can be all jerk and Westwood this and Westwood that. As long as EA makes a bad game, I'll go crazy and ballistic like what you saw in both here & the Den (Don't forget the reviewers at Amazon who gave the 1-star ratings, they are ballistic as I am). But if it's a good game, I'm my original self again, you'll see me posting more praise as though if it's made by the original Westwood Studios. So for this kind of time, yes, I'm all stupid and all berserk, but from time to time, I'll cool down, because I'm now a full timer, so I don't need to worry about C&C4 & will probably don't have much time posting around & play games.

So anyway, when Jon Van comes in, I hope he'll give us a good game rather than this piece of crap. Once a good game comes out, he finally gave me a chill pill to cool down my hot head.

Edited by Silverthorn

When it comes to C&C I'm a realist, I don't bull**** anyone. I try to find the positives in the newer games. Seeing C&C 4 at the top of the sales charts is a positive. The game is enjoyable and fun to play. I'm story you can't see that. But hey what do I know, I've only been in the community for like 12 or so years ;)

Yes while the game do have some fun moments and stuff, the reason why so many people, especially the fans, are making such a fuss over this and feel that C&C4 should not deserve the #1 ranking is due to some disappointments they faced in the entire game. Yes, I have to agree with you that some part of the game is enjoyable in terms of the new units, abilities, and new mechanics, and the new soundtrack, but there are others who don't share the same views. To add on to that, I am honestly disappointed with the direction of the storyline and the single campaign, the lack of missions and maps for skirmish and multi-player. I feel that more should already be done in this game, but it wasn't. Maybe because of these various factors, that's why some of us don't agree that it deserve to be at the top.

Sure it's a decent game, but it could have been so much better with just a bit more work.

Oh the humanity once again. :rolleyes: This news doesn't sound like April Fools to me.

I still have yet to know the number of sales C&C4 got so far. People buy it to try to play it and prove that it's a bad game.

When I even read through all of the reviews, including those rated 2 STARS and above, I found out their major complaints are mostly on the top followings :

#1 : The DRM

#2 : Not like the original C&C we know (That means the Crawler, Tiberium from the skies, pop cap, etc..)

#3 : Cartoonish Red Alert units

When it comes to sales charts I'm not one to really care, but news is news so we post it. For the second week in a row Command & Conquer 4: Tiberian Twilight has retained it's spot at the top of the sales charts for the UK and Europe. Here is this weeks top 10 according to the ELSPA.
  1. (1) Command And Conquer 4: Tiberian Twilight (Electronic Arts)
  2. (4) Football Manager 2010 (Sega)
  3. (3) Battlefield: Bad Company 2 (Electronic Arts)
  4. (8) The Sims 3 (Electronic Arts)
  5. (6) Napoleon: Total War (Sega)
  6. (-) The Settlers 7: Paths To A Kingdom (Blue Byte)
  7. (-) Just Cause 2 (Eidos)
  8. (2) Dragon Age: Origins - Awakenings (Electronic Arts)
  9. (5) Warhammer 40,000: Dawn Of War II - Chaos (THQ)
  10. (10) The Sims 3: World Adventures (Electronic Arts)
As mentioned this is for the UK and Europe, we haven't seen anything similar for the North American region. But I have heard that Command & Conquer 4: Tiberian Twilight was sitting around the #7 spot for Steam sales.

APRIL FOOLS!

APRIL FOOLS!

If you think it's a joke, click the link provided... :rolleyes:

Here is this weeks top 10 according to the ELSPA.

Did you think this news was a joke too?