Nyerguds

6-mission DOS C&C demo

I dunno. I kinda just looked at the mission files and the installer exe :P

BTW, what really is surprising to me is how they managed to put so many spoilers into the demo versions. The GDI missions alone manage to spoil the Commando mission, and also in the briefing for the 10th mission Sheppard tells you that "the UN wasn't against [him]", which is part of a major intrigue within the GDI campaign. To say nothing of the Nod mission were Seth gets his spectacular "retirement" :P

Yeah well, I guess they just took the most spectacular parts of the game. And for the commando mission, "bomb any building" would be kind of silly as objective ;)

Well, they could have changed the target building to something else, I remember someone in a similar discussion said it was actually changed to the Comm. Centre but I don't think this is the case in any of the demo versions I'm aware of.

Greetings, commanders!

I had a demo years ago, from a videogame magazine disc, and I'm pretty sure it had only the three GDI missions. I'd have played the hell out of the Nod missions as well, if they were included. Until today I had no idea there was a demo with both sides playable.

Nowadays not even demos are what they used to be... :D

I'm Czech, in case it helps your research. :)

Glad to see there is still someone interested in original C&C after all those years.

Yeah, the GDI-only demo is the normal one :)

Rise from your grave, oh thread!

I'm having some trouble accessing the Nod missions of this demo. I'm running the demo (via rungame.exe) ina  Windows 98 virtual machine, but all I can access are the GDI mission:

That's weird. I just tested it in DOSBox and it gives me a choice between GDI and Nod.

What's your DOSBox setup? Just running the rungame.exe?

I ran C&C.exe

2 hours ago, Tore said:

I ran C&C.exe

I tried that, but had issues with mouse speed and sound. I'll try it again later, cheers!

Could someone be so kind and upload their DOSBox configuration for this demo? I just can't get it to run properly.

i will have a look and see what is going on with it.

Edited by comander starlin
spelling