Sign in to follow this  
Gazdude

RENEGADE XP PROFESSIONAL

Does Renegade work on XP professional? ive tried installing the game but every time it runs setup it errors and closes....

Works on XP Home. I only know 2 people with Pro (both of which aren't legal ;)) and nether of them have Renegade.

i have xp home and my pc shuts down when i run renegade

Well that would suggest that your computer's overclocked too far, or your Power Supply can't supply enough power to your gfx card.

Grrr.... every time i run setup it errors! please some one help, i dont want to have to reinstall Me!

Ive got xp Home and it works fine.

OMG i just pressed that link and stared death right in the face....!

Ive been there and gotten some stupid repklies from EA technical support like:

"try rebooting for PC"

or

"Call our premuim rate phone service (£2.50per min)"

Tell us what error messages you get, if possible post a screen shot of these errors.

Have you had these problems before?

I use WinXP Pro and haven't had any problems. This sounds more like a driver issue than a Windows problem. Or it could potentially be a virus.

I use WinXP Pro and haven't had any problems. This sounds more like a driver issue

Could be, but ive never had any errors like this before on my old OS..

Or it could potentially be a virus.

I dont think so its virtually got nothing on it apart from windows...

I use WinXP Pro and haven't had any problems. This sounds more like a driver issue...

Took your advice Rogue and downloaded the update for my graphis drivers and it works now :D

Well that would suggest that your computer's overclocked too far, or your Power Supply can't supply enough power to your gfx card.

ive done no overcloscking myself because my pc is straigt from the shop and my gfx card is a 256 my procceser is 3.06 and i have 512ddr ram so i dont see why i shoul have a problem but i do. Oh and by the way it plays renalert fine but not renegade ?? :?

Took your advice Rogue and downloaded the update for my graphis drivers and it works now :D

Awesome. Nvidia and ATi write different drivers for different operating systems, even different Windows. The drivers for ME are different from the ones for XP, so if your computer had no problems with the old ME drivers, the XP ones may have problems unless you update them.