Sign in to follow this  
J-Fire_Man

Problem with DAT file

Does anyone has an application to open a DAT file. I have tried many ways to open it but none wich is succesful. If anyone has, please tell me!

Ok I'm guessing here.....

DAT files can belong to any program. It really depends on what the DAT file belongs to. DAT files can be of any format, and generally can't be opened by much. I think they contain binary data.

I really, really need to know how to open the DAT file. Anyone who knows how to open it, please tell me!

The DAT file in question..... what is it from, where did you get it?

I think the DAT file contains movie files because it's named Movie.DAT and it has a large size. I get it from one of the games that I installed in my computer, the games mostly contains DAT files. I have tried many ways like compile it to MPG, but it's always failed.

I would say theis DAT file can only be used by the game it belongs to.

Search your own hard drive and you will find lots of .dat files but you can't do anything with them, they linked to the programs the create them.

no., i tried it and it works. it even works for system files if you are into that kinda stufff.

it depends, if it is one WHOLE MOVIE, then dun change it into anything the media player should be able to open it or a XingPlayer etc....

if it is a collection of movies from a game or so well which game?

Nice program, thank you tree. The program is working good, it can extract the container. This is really helping me, thanks once more tree.

anytime. :D

Tree, please tell me if you know any good programs.

any good programs for what?

I 'm looking for a program that can convert any file into anything. Like converting MPEG to AVI, MP3 to MPEG, etc. Full converter.

a music file to a movie file? I think I have one that converts wma to mp3 and vice-versa.

I already have it. What I mean is, an all converter that can convert any file to anything.

Adobe Photoshop converts any picture to any picture extension. ex jpg to png, gif to jpg, etc. etc. You can convert any file to anything by changing it's extension, not that it will work. :D

I already have it too. And, changing the file extension will make the file error maybe. You can't open it, unless you restore it.