Sign in to follow this  
keithktam

need serious help! can't beat 2 RA3 Hard AI

Hi, i have been playing RA3 again and this time playing skirmishes with empire. as i got better with the control with the empire, i slowly progressed into harder scenario. and i got f*kup badly when i took on two hard AI teamed! i chose to fight against Allied (Hard) and Soviet (hard).

they just use huge amount of aerial assault right at the beginning none stop. i was at my back all the time. I tried many different strategy, first, i tried the always works method with lower AI, which is the tengu raid, but would not work with two team up hard AI. so i tried building lots lots of anti air turret, it wouldn't work either cause by building such a large amount of base defenses at the beginning, it put a huge drag to the finances and no money spending on more refineries just made it so much harder.... then i tried to rush my build tree to try to get a upgraded mecha bay to get some of those VX choppers, failed, cause they just kept bomb the **** out of my base, there was a time i got real cranky because when i finally had five VX and the f*ing soviet used the magnetic satellite on my VX chopper. at the end, the one strategy that kept me survived the longest was to shrink my base area and used the same amount of anti air turret to form a tighter and more focused defense. the end result was that they coordinated a huge massive aerial bombardment twice with every airplane they had on me. i always thought i would die because of the two superweapons they built earlier in the game: proton collider and the vacuum imploder...... :(

guys help me out here please!

First of all, you're in a significant handicap already (2v1) even if it's just AI. They also have advantage in the build order (usually new RTS AIs have optimal build orders programmed in them). The best thing to do, probably, is try to find a way to observe how an AI playing as the Empire of the Rising Sun would deal with the same situation. Try to find which build order it uses becomes the most effective against the AI. Then again, it would be better if you consulted either a strategy guide, or played more with human players.

However, with the Empire's units being significantly softer (at least the lower-tiered ones) than most, you will have to play as if you were either a Zerg or a Dark Templar Protoss Rusher in Starcraft. You'll need to maximize unit abilities (mainly, your navy and the amphibious abilities of ground units), as well as numerical superiority (you'll need it if you want to face the enemy head on). You'll also have to beat them to the punch; hit them hard first, and focus on damaging their production and economy. Normally, one on one, those tactics would be pretty easy to use; however, you have two enemies, so you'll need to micro-manage in order to win. You have to double your unit, resource and building production rates (a 2:1 ratio compared to either enemy will do good) so that you can fight a sustained battle with them. And take note of their starting locations; it would help greatly in early game harassment.

And try tweaking the odds a bit. Add a bit of handicap to them, disable superweapons, etc.; don't push yourself too hard immediately. You should first know which tactic will work best against them. Once you learn that tactic, practice and practice until you can use it to beat the AI, with no handicap to them and superweapons enabled.

Hope that helps. >:D

And try tweaking the odds a bit. Add a bit of handicap to them, disable superweapons, etc.; don't push yourself too hard immediately. You should first know which tactic will work best against them. Once you learn that tactic, practice and practice until you can use it to beat the AI, with no handicap to them and superweapons enabled.

Hope that helps. >:D

i would definitely try this out, thanks mate!!

:lol: