Sign in to follow this  
nadersith

Translating FS videos to spanish

It's odd that you translate "Tacitus", in my opinion...

If you have anything that you don't need anymore, you know who will want to take it ^_^

Well the only real extra thing I got is another RA1: Counterstrike box. I got that because the cheapest Aftermath box I could find was from a seller who had it bundled with Counterstrike... which I already had.

Oh, and regarding the Combat Pack, such an entry doesn't exist on MobyGames, so you can add it or give me all the info so I can add it (Sheldonist on MG)

Not surprising; the pack only exists in Belgium and the Netherlands. It's basically just a more compact version of The Command & Conquer Collection. Only real difference is that that one has all manuals on a single CD, while I got separate manual CDs for all games (except Renegade, where it is on the game CD itself).

To Megaupload (I have premium account. Anyway, I'm shuffling some options). Since it is EA Free version, file is MOVIES01.mix It contains TB GDI original FMV and Firestorm (GDI and Nod). Estimated size is around 1,1GB.

You can always put the videos in an expand*.mix... it should take priority over the ones in movies01.mix or movies03.mix then. More space needed on disk since you don't replace anything, but less to distribute it, AND it will work on all versions of the game.

Not surprising; the pack only exists in Belgium and the Netherlands. It's basically just a more compact version of The Command & Conquer Collection. Only real difference is that that one has all manuals on a single CD, while I got separate manual CDs for all games (except Renegade, where it is on the game CD itself).

I have just added it as an alternate title. If the approvers give the request to me back, I'd like to use your image as proof. (Also, if you could upload the covers and disc images somewhere, I'd also like to add them to MG)

You can always put the videos in an expand*.mix... it should take priority over the ones in movies01.mix or movies03.mix then. More space needed on disk since you don't replace anything, but less to distribute it, AND it will work on all versions of the game.

Then it would also be 400-500 MB. :rolleyes:

..so? It'll be that large ANYWAY. It sure beats downloading 1,1GB just to get 450 mb of modified videos.

You can easily download up to 2 GB per day from megaupload with a free account anyway. It's one of the best free file hosts I know.

It's odd that you translate "Tacitus", in my opinion...

I know. I'm not sure. Here in Spain, for example, they translate Tiberium as "Tiberio", like the Roman Emperor. According to Wikipedia, Tacitus may refer to the Roman Senator (in which case, it is said Tácito in spanish) or a kind of flower. At this point I THINK the Roman Emperor case makes more sense, but again, I'm not sure, and I should ask some spanish C&C fans :unsure:

Talking about file size... If I make a MOVIES03.mix file, and then I delete FS FMV from MOVIES01.mix... Will the game play them?

And how would you distribute the text translation? As a mix file containing everything, or .ini text files? I've noticed game loads its files even if they're not in a .mix file. (Maybe I'm wrong, because my TB folder is full of things :rolleyes:)

I've always assumed Tacitus was from Latin, meaning to be silent.

Sort of the ominous unknown.

Talking about file size... If I make a MOVIES03.mix file, and then I delete FS FMV from MOVIES01.mix... Will the game play them?

If you do it properly, no reason why it shouldn't.

And how would you distribute the text translation? As a mix file containing everything, or .ini text files? I've noticed game loads its files even if they're not in a .mix file. (Maybe I'm wrong, because my TB folder is full of things :rolleyes:)

Rather as a self-extracting ZIP/RAR archive (very easy to make) that contains the MIX file, to make non-modders feel comfortable when installing it.

Eh, Plokite_Wolf, the TFD / freeware release version of TS does NOT read movies3.mix, AT ALL. The expand*.mix files have always been used to replace assets in TS modding; they're perfect for this.

Eh, Plokite_Wolf, the TFD / freeware release version of TS does NOT read movies3.mix, AT ALL.

What? That's funny... I'd just like to test it, but I've deleted my EA freeware copy and left the ZIP on my brother's portable hard-drive :(

So yeah, all we have left is that expand**.mix for TS and RA2.

I tested it when working on TFD 1.03.

So how should I distribute it then?

For the movies, read what Nyerguds told earlier:

For the ingame text, make a MIX archive and import it to a self-extractor by using WinZip or WinRAR. That will compress it even more, making it use less space while distributing and easier to install. You can also call it "expand##.mix", but the number must have two digits and mustn't be 01 (used by Firestorm).

Edited by Plokite_Wolf

For the ingame text, make a MIX archive and import it to a self-extractor by using WinZip or WinRAR. That will compress it even more, making it use less space while distributing and easier to install. You can also call it "expand##.mix", but the number must have two digits and mustn't be 01 (used by Firestorm).

That's just what I needed! :)

Mmmmh, seems like I'm in trouble with langrule.ini.

I'm trying to export a file containing unit names to my custom expand02.mix file (Which is standalone Tiberian Sun translation for EA version)

When I try to add langrule.ini to that expand custom file, it doesn't matter, game shows english unit names.

What am I doing wrong? Should I edit rules.ini and change unit names there? Will this break multiplayer anyway?

Mmmmh, seems like I'm in trouble with langrule.ini.

I'm trying to export a file containing unit names to my custom expand02.mix file (Which is standalone Tiberian Sun translation for EA version)

When I try to add langrule.ini to that expand custom file, it doesn't matter, game shows english unit names.

What am I doing wrong? Should I edit rules.ini and change unit names there? Will this break multiplayer anyway?

I've just fixed it. I copied TIBSUN.MIX from my old spanish CD version updated to 2.03, and rename it to EXPAND02.MIX. Now I'm going to delete files from EXPAND02 which are already in EA's TIBSUN.MIX.

Out of curiousity, how long will the conversion of all videos take?

I know. I'm not sure. Here in Spain, for example, they translate Tiberium as "Tiberio", like the Roman Emperor. According to Wikipedia, Tacitus may refer to the Roman Senator (in which case, it is said Tácito in spanish) or a kind of flower. At this point I THINK the Roman Emperor case makes more sense, but again, I'm not sure, and I should ask some spanish C&C fans :unsure:

Isn't it mentioned in Tiberian Sun?

Out of curiousity, how long will the conversion of all videos take?

What do you mean?

Nyerguds, Tacitus is not mentioned in Spanish Wikipedia article. Seems I'm in trouble at this point.

Anyway, I think I will translate it as Tacitus, by popular demand :)

What do you mean?

How long will it take for you to finish these movies

Nyerguds, Tacitus is not mentioned in Spanish Wikipedia article.

Uhh... I mean in the game itself. In the Spanish TS, without firestorm.

Uhh... I mean in the game itself. In the Spanish TS, without firestorm.

Ops :$

Yes! In the original game it's said Tácito. So it's ok.

I must correct myself. In Nod mission 05 I gave you this:

[0:30 - 0:38] CABAL: The Brotherhood is an evolutionary DNA.

Replace this with:

[0:30 - 0:38] CABAL: The Brotherhood is at an evolutionary dead end.

I apologise for this.

I must correct myself. In Nod mission 05 I gave you this:

Replace this with:

I apologise for this.

Done ;)

The manual says "Boudreau", yes.

FIRESTORM CAST

Tratos: Patrick Bauchau

General Slavik: Frank Zagarino

General Cortez: Efrain Figueroa

Dr. Boudreau: Linnea Pyne

Lab Technician: Tina Le

General Marzaq : Nicholas Worth

NOD General 1: Tom Wyner

NOD General 2: Steven Wollenberg

NOD General 3: Michael Hegedus

Command Control Officers: John Branch, McKenzie Woodcock

Command Control Technicians: Chris Nation, Troy Mclaughlin, Heather Nickens, Anna Chudora

NOD Lieutenant: Jeff Soskin, Anthony Clay

Kane: Joe Kucan

Umagon Body Double: Veronica Becerra

Cabal Voice: Milton James

Eva Voice: Jessica Straus

Chandra Voice: Kris Iyer

Wow, I didn't know Patrick Bauchau played in FS cinematics... Nicholas Worth also rings a bell, but I can't quite place it *goes to look up in Wikipedia*.

[Edit] Ahh, that's Premier Romanov! :) (and the Atreides Mentat from EBfD)

Edited by MrFlibble