Sign in to follow this  
O P T i C S

XWIS - Ra2 Server & Yuris Revenge Servers

XWIS - Ra2 Server & Yuris Revenge Servers

http://www.strike-team.net/

http://www.xwis.net

Olaf Van der Spek has developed new servers for Red Alert 2 and Yuris Revenge. These servers are identical to the normal Ra2 and YR servers that you connect to via WOL.

The only differences are that they have CHAT ENABLED. and do not sit on the Westwood servers. Ranks and badges are enabled, QuickMatch is improved and cheaters can (and will) be banned.

These servers (together with the XCL ladder) have been created to keep legacy games such as Red Alert 2 and Yuri's Revenge going for a long time to come.

The XCL ladder and XWIS servers mean that Ra2 and YR fans can continue to enjoy the online experience with a fully supported ladder and servers.

The severs are up and running.

http://www.strike-team.net/

http://www.xwis.net

Yeah good idea :thumbsup:

Guest JoKuJaK

XWIS is the place to be

Guest C04sTG4rD

GO XWIS!

yeah. the only problem is that dnot a lot of people go on

couple questions:

--- is this server more reliable, ie: games will actually connect to other people, etc.?

--- it says nicks are limited to 3 per serial. no big deal but does that mean my serial is transmitted to you guys?

--- can anyone here not related to that server/group of people confirm its usuability and that people are actually on?

thanks....

--- is this server more reliable, ie: games will actually connect to other people, etc.?

Yes.

--- it says nicks are limited to 3 per serial. no big deal but does that mean my serial is transmitted to you guys?

No.

--- can anyone here not related to that server/group of people confirm its usuability and that people are actually on?

It's fine but you have to be when others are on. It's not full of cheaters/hackers so there's far fewer.

thanks for the info... me and some friends play yuris regularly so we will probably try this out after xmas break...

long time for my reply.. :) but the server works GREAT. and there are at least a handful of people on so its not too hard to get a game going... nice work.

Why dont they just frickin get WOL servers to Work properly is it that damn Hard to Defragment the pieces of shizzzit

Does it also support the "world domination" mode of firestorm? I remember that it was awesome! 8)

Not at the moment, but they may consider implementing it when there is enough demand.

So go play on XWIS and you may well be able to1

well i must say that sadly, only when the EA servers are down are a decent # of people on XWIS. its too bad really because its a great server but atm it looks like a good backup.. :cry:

So technically you could play with a nonexistent serial?

wouldn't that be a problem?

I'm not sure what kind of serial validation they have, but I think the idea is that they can ban your code to stop you from playing if you cheat.

They definately can't see your serial number.

I just played 1 quickmatch, and now I can't login anymore. RA2 keeps telling me that the login is already used. Now I can't play anymore! Any idea what's up?

...oh and playing the game at 640x480 sucks!