Sign in to follow this  
RainXc

EA Approves C&C Roleplay 2 Standalone

EA has given the C&C Roleplay 2 mod permission to be standalone. Meaning that the game will not be restricted to C&C Renegade any more. C&C Roleplay 2 is based around creating a Grand Theft Auto-like mod for Command & Conquer: Renegade. The mod has unique features such as a working cellphone, swimming, boats, submarines, Ferraris, trains, harriers, helicopters, trucks, cars and even a SCUD missile launcher on a massive map.

Talking to EA

We've put a fair amount of time into making Rp2 ready to become a standalone project. Today I got word from EA's PR guy, he told us he got the green light and we can now release as standalone. So, let there be Rp2 for all!

Ukkj6.jpg

More information and screen shots can be found on the C&C Roleplay 2 website. The C&C Roleplay 2 v2.2 Public Beta was released a few months ago. You can download the mod by clicking here.

Meh. 0% of C&C games independently working without a C&C game are all MP. :mellow:

I was hoping for C&C RenegadeX to become independent without a UT3 game.

Meh. 0% of C&C games independently working without a C&C game are all MP. :mellow:

Renegade-X is (err, will be) stand alone thanks to the UDK, that's what the Black Dawn news/screens are all for, the Ren-X standalone release

When I say standalone I mean standalone, even if you have never heard of Renegade before, all you'll have to do is download the installer for Rp2, and you'll be ready to play. And you can still "play" Rp2 on LAN with no other players, might even be a bit fun once I get the scoring system working. But if not, you can still piss off the bots and see how long you live against them; they put up a decent fight.

You can play zombie assault by yourself as well, which true, could use a bit more story line to that (I'm working on it lol) but otherwise is good as far as single player goes; it’s just easier (or harder) with more players (depends how good those other players are at killing the Zombies).

Edited by Jerad Gray