Gben

Command & Conquer 4 for USD$9.99

Z5hrU.jpg

I can't even remember when/where I signed up to get these Impulse emails (Maybe from FENCES download), and I think it excludes me as a non-US customer, but meh, if you still want C&C4, maybe USD$10 will motivate you?

maybe USD$10 will motivate you?

Cut that in half, then I'll reluctantly pay up and buy the piece of junk.

Half? No way, they should have to pay YOU money to play it. :)

Ideally, yes, but that will never happen and as much as I hate to view C&C4 as canon, or even something other than a fragment of hell manifested in the mortal plane to exist soley for our torment, I still need to complete my C&C collection. Therefore, I must eventually pay money for it, as unfair as that may be.

Then wait for Command And Conquer: The Second Decade :P

Nah, I've got all the games included in The First Decade and The First Decade itself. TFD is part of the collection.

Unfortunately there's no way around it, I have to buy C&C4 or trick someone else into buying it for me (which I could pull off if I wanted, but it is kind of a waste of one human manipulation).

"Got to have all C&C's even if they suck"-type, eh? Wait for one of those Steam discounts.

let say if EA openly admit they screwed up and officially reboot CnC4, how many of you would say yes?? and "officially" forgive them??

This cannot be forgotten or completely forgiven even if they make a remake that beats it by far. No no, this should always be exposed as an example for our children to learn from.

EA should just disown the game.

Just like they did with Sole Survivor... *Shudder*

Guest Stevie_K
EA should just disown the game.

Just like they did with Sole Survivor... *Shudder*

Truth :P

Although I feel a bit like you Nmenth. I need to own every game with the C&C print on it, but in this case, I simply can't force myself to support EA by buying C&C4.

Guest Rabbit

If you don't buy, they don't make money, and their next game is crap because they can't afford it. Cough up the dough, I sure know I'm not!

If you don't buy, they don't make money, and their next game is crap because they can't afford it. Cough up the dough, I sure know I'm not!

Budgets don't make good games. Creativity does. EA had great sales from C&C3 and RA3 but they rushed C&C4 and made... crap.

Actually EA made good sales off C&C4 too, since it topped the charts for multiple weeks. I don't know who those (insane?) people were, but they did your dirty work for you, so you're off the hook.

Guest Stevie_K

Exactly. I see absolutely no reason to give EA a couple of bonus bucks in compassion or fear that the next one might be crap as well. I've seen low budget development studios dish up better games.

I mean EA to me is exactly like the Corps in sci fi film and games alike...just like the stuff you see in Syndicate and S wars, big corporate cold machine...

when i was trying to study business study when i was in A level/High School, this kind of rules and protocols if you will, were taught just like what i have seen in Corps like EA and others, you know, that kind of saying like, maximizing profits no matter what! kind of things.... and these Corps follows all the rules like a machine...

businessman don't make good game/film, artists do!

Edited by keithktam

I've seen low budget development studios dish up better games.

And games made by 1-3 people. Rollercoaster Tycoon, Audiosurf... (the genres are incomparable, yes, but the quality of those games is undoubted by gamers)

$9.99 USD is okay for C&C4, but I rather wait for C&C The Second Decade, with an offline and fully patched version. :rolleyes:

Guest Rabbit

You're going to be waiting quite a while.

It's not that bad - just plot is a crap. Multiplayer is even good but it's depending too much on "versus system". Would be a good spin-off for e-sport community, but as always...EA never support their games longer than few months.

Your reply is about a year late, watch the post dates...