Sign in to follow this  
PurpleGaga27

Goldeneye 007 Reloaded confirmed for PS3 and X360

Activision finally calls for another Goldeneye 007 remake, this time for PS3 and X360 where HD gaming is all about. But no PC version?

Sources:

http://kotaku.com/5822716/goldeneye-007-re...s3-and-xbox-360

http://kotaku.com/5822991/the-goldeneye-do...ds-a-few-things

A game that epic should have deserved a PC version, enough to compete with Half-Life 2. The game remake as an add-on mod for Half-Life 1 and 2 was extremely disappointing because it lacks single-player, skirmish and AI bots (for over a decade since its development) but extensive MP gameplay and features make it an epic mod.

Edited by zocom7

Just because the game was a success back in the day, doesn't mean it will translate into more success now. It seems they're changing things up, (Like replacing Bond with that blonde moron! Because the last Bond movie was SOOOO GOOD! :o) we're see how things go.

Goldeneye was a good game, but in my opinion, suffered from a few significant flaws that later games improved upon.

I think a remake has the potential to be better than the original, but if history has any say in the matter, remakes definitely also have the potential to be far worse.

The last remake was an okay shooter, but that's all it was. It really didn't capture the spirit of the movie.

I'm probably going to buy it, just for pure nostalgia. I'll just be sure to read some reviews beforehand in case it entirely sucks balls but man, I had some fun ass times on Goldeneye.

I had some fun ass times on Goldeneye.

As did I. And I can still make fun of my brother for some of those times. It's great.

I keep forgetting to ask if the remakes have 100 bazillion remakes of that one song like the original?

I'd love to play this. With the experience the industry now has with fps, they should be able to deliver a fun game as long as they put some time into it.

Looking forward to massive multiplayer games. The 64 couldn't handle more than 12 or so very conservatively-rendered figures without lagging. A PC version would be great though.

The Xbox360 and PS3 versions of Goldeneye 007 Reloaded have been released. So far, great reviews. I still want to play it but I prefer a PC version anyway. Perhaps in years or a decade from now, an official PC version of Goldeneye 007 with both SP and MP functionality.

Edited by zocom7