Sign in to follow this  
bigguy

Patch install?

Install TFD, download Command & Conquer: The First Decade - Unofficial Patch 1.03 rev 4, install, thats it. However, if you want to be fully up to date, install the following patches as well:

1) install C&C95 1.06 revision 1.

2) install C&C95 1.06 revision 1 fix 1.

3) install RA 3.03 patch, edited by Nyerguds to add TFD support and extra fixes. Seems a updated version of what is included in TFD 1.03 rev 4.

4) install CnC-DDraw for C&C95 and RA, plus the RA high res patch.

5) Tiberian Sun Firestorm videos addon. Seems a updated version of what is included in TFD 1.03 rev 4.

The videos update is a bit of a problem though... it's seen as mod when you try to play online because the videos list is in art.ini, one of the files which also has unit animation information. This sadly causes the addon to make you incompatible with online play.

Thanks for the replies, but, how do I actually install it? After unzipping the files, what then? Do I put the files in the EA games directory?

Um, you mean the TFD patch or the other files?

The TFD patch should be an installer, which should normally auto-detect where it needs to be installed.

The C&C1 patch should be an installer, and it auto-detects where it needs to be installed. It should show you the game path it found, during the install procedure. That path is the C&C95 game folder, and that's where you put the "fix 1" file afterwards.

The RA 3.03 patch is an installer, and it auto-detects where it needs to be installed.

cnc-ddraw should, as the site says, be placed in the game folders. If you looked at the paths auto-detected by the previous installers, it shouldn't be hard to figure out.

The RA hi-res patch: same, though I think you need to do some messing with sortcuts or soemthing to make it work. Not sure, haven't tried it yet.

TS:FS video addon: game folder, again. Note that for some bizarre reason, the actual Tiberian Sun folder is empty and has antoher "SUN" folder inside it. Obviously, the actual game folder is that "SUN" one.

For CnC-DDraw you must place the .dll file in your C&C 95 and Red Alert 1 folders, the RA high res patch you must place it in your Red Alert 1 folder.

Tiberian Sun Firestorm videos addon you must put the files in the C&C Tiberian Sun folder.

Also read the readme's included or on the websites.

for RA hi-res you need to pass your resolution as arguments to the launcher ( blah:\blahblah\blahblah\blahblah\blahblah.exe -w "width" -h "height" ). that would be the "messing with shortcuts".

I think he meant "How to fix the patch's installation" Because it keeps giving me an error claiming that a required file is missing. Aka. It Refuses to install.

Guest Rabbit

It's giving you an error that a file is missing. That is in no way what the original poster said was the issue, as he said he simply didn't know where to correctly place the files.