Sign in to follow this  
Sonic

Various Forum Changes / Updates / Additions

There are still few things to sort out after the upgrade so I'll be using this thread to keep a running list of what changes I make, stuff I update or add.

Bug & Problems That Have Been Fixed/Changed/Added

• Rebuilt all user Avatars (now called Photos), if yours is missing you will need to upload it again
  • Removed Interests from being displayed on topic view, these only appear on user profiles
  • Enabled Sphinx for faster searching
  • Updated CSS to correct bugs with quoted text
  • Increased the number of reputation points users can give every 24 hours, you may give out 20 per day, this is done via the "Like This" button to the right of every post
  • Cleaned up the ajax loading images so they look better on the blue backgrounds
  • Restored avatars sizes to 150px on topic view
  • Patched in some extra CSS code to clean up old style quote boxes from IPB2
  • Tweaked the colours of the newer quote boxes
  • News system for main site is now complete and back online
  • Changed user reputation system to a positive/negative system
  • Removed old video posting BBCode tags, replaced by Media tag now
  • Fixed the background colour of the "Source Editor", its now white
  • Fixed CODE background colour, text is readable now once colour coding is applied to displayed code
  • Installed a hook that fixes a bug which prevents topic tags and prefixes from being changed by anyone except the original topic starter
  • Cleaned up all the emoticons (aka smilies). Removed the ugly IPS default set. Restored the classic set from the IP2 theme, Sorted the order for most commonly used, and the mini C&C game specific icons
  • Added Mod DB video code to the Media tag
  • Made a smaller change to the quote boxes
  • Removed the gender from being displayed on topic view, these only appear on user profiles
  • Colours fixed for unapproved topic/posts. Only admins/mods can see them though
  • Added quick access icons for the Lightbox and Media tags to the toolbar on the Post Editor
  • Enabled Facebook and Twitter integration, full details here
  • Added a group legend bar to the bottom of the index
  • Calendar added, full details here
  • Cleaned up the help files
  • Enabled the Also Tagged With feature. At the bottom of the topic view and if the topic has tags, other topics with the same tag(s) will be displayed underneath the fast reply box.
  • Some various forum re-ordering and others. More details here.
  • Users can now no longer delete their own posts. If you require something to be deleted you will need to report it or PM an Admin or Mod.
  • Fixed GameTrailers.com video embed code for the media tag. Full details here.
  • Added IGN videos to the media tag
  • Ads are now enabled on the mobile theme
  • Renamed the Command & Conquer - Free to Play forum to Command & Conquer (2013)
  • Tweaked some of the fonts here on the forums so they match up and fit in with new design on the main site.
  • Added the new Shoutbox, more details here http://forums.cncnz.com/topic/18555-new-shoutbox-added/. Removed the Member Map.
  • Renamed the Command & Conquer (2013) forum to Command & Conquer: Untitled Future.
  • Merged the Command & Patch forums into the Hosted Projects category. The Hosted Projects has been moved further down the main index, its now below the Command & Conquer Modding Community category.
  • Added icons for Renegade X and The Ultimate Collection to the Favourite C&C profile field.
  • BBCode for the Shoutbox has been disabled.
  • Tweaked some of the forum font colours, eliminating a lot of the darker grey colours that aren't technically part of the overall site colours, or colours that have been phased out. Many of the these have been replaced with this blue or just plain white.
  • Updated the Media tag. Vine videos and content from Sketchfab can now be embed in your posts. More details here.
  • Posts with 5 or more reputation points will now be display with a star icon. View it here.

• Enabled the "Best Answer" feature for all modding related forums. The "Best Answer" feature allows a mod or admin to mark a particular post as solved, hence the best answer to a given question. More details here.

• Tweets can now be embed in posts via the Media tag. More details and how it works can be found here.

• Made some minor changes to the profile fields for your Command & Conquer Profile. Mostly to reflect the differences between C&C: Online and XWIS.

• Fixed a CSS bug the prevented bold text from displaying in new or edited posts.

• You can now display the name you use for Renegade X online as part of your Command & Conquer Profile on your profile page.

• Added a new sub forum for Renegade - http://forums.cncnz.com/forum/114-renegade-x/

• New forum created for The Ultimate Collection and The First Decade http://forums.cncnz.com/forum/115-the-ultimate-collection-the-first-decade/

• Found and fixed the problem causing guests or logged out users from seeing the "Last info" on the forum index.

• The Hosted Projects section has been moved to the end of the main index. The TibEd.Net Forums have been merged in to the Hosted Projects section. Also take not of the fact that the Command & Conquer Legos / Tiberium Legos, Tiberium Chronicles RPG Project and YR: Generals Mod have been archived, they are still open but work on these projects has ceased development.

• Status Updates are have returned to the main index of the forums.

• Add support for Imgur GIFV to the media tag. More info here.

• Fixed a bug that prevented guests or logged out users from using/seeing the "cncnzNewBlue" forum theme. The "cncnzNewBlue" theme is the default. The older "cncnzBlueRes" theme is still available, as well as the standard white IP.Board theme.

• Updated the YouTube embed coding to use the HTML5 player. Videos also appear slightly larger.

• Cleaned up the YouTube embed code. Player will always be the HTML5 player, no longer displays the video title information or suggest videos at the end.

• Updated the appearance of how the Spoiler tags are displayed.

• Renamed the tech forum to Tech Discussion & Support, and updated its description. Cartoon and Conquer is now archived and moved down the list in the Hosted Project category.

• Fixed Tweet Embedding. Tweets that are embedded in a post will now be centred on the page.

Known Issues/Bugs & Problems still to be Fixed/Changed/Added

• If you edit a post (sometimes when posting) with an embedded tweet it may not display after you save your changes. Reloading the page will make the tweet display again. The page needs a full reload, it doesn't like the AJAX reload.
  • Same thing happens with the Imgur GIFV. When you post or edit a post with an embedded Imgur GIFV it may not display after you save your changes. Reloading the page will make the Imgur GIFV display again. The page needs a full reload, it doesn't like the AJAX reload.
Edited by Sonic

Quoting a post, statement or news article is too blueish. The quoting (as well as coding) background should be black with white text.

Fix avatar sizes because IPS messed around with them.

http://community.inv...ost__p__2141359

I'm not keen on modifying the key core files of the forum like that. Especially something as important as the conf_global.php file. From what I read in that thread IPS are aware of the situation so lets what they do in the next update. If this were some sort critical issue that needed to be addressed I would do it, but I hardly consider avatar sizes important right now.

Quoting a post, statement or news article is too blueish. The quoting (as well as coding) background should be black with white text.

This has been noted. Expect a change soon.

Should now be adjusted. You should see the change, if not hit F5.

I'm not keen on modifying the key core files of the forum like that. Especially something as important as the conf_global.php file. From what I read in that thread IPS are aware of the situation so lets what they do in the next update. If this were some sort critical issue that needed to be addressed I would do it, but I hardly consider avatar sizes important right now.

I did that quite a bit on phpbb and vb. You won't break anything.

Fix avatar sizes because IPS dicked around with them.

http://community.inv...ost__p__2141359

Ok, avatar sizes restored to 150 px, as we had them on IPB2. Plus there is no need to edit forum files either. The options are there in the ACP. So what the hell are those people going on about in the IPS Forums?

Ok, avatar sizes restored to 150 px, as we had them on IPB2. Plus there is no need to edit forum files either. The options are there in the ACP. So what the hell are those people going on about in the IPS Forums?

The post is old. Posted 27 July 2011 - 03:30 PM = 3.2.2

Wherever that option was, I didn't see it and I looked for a couple hours.

ACP search works wonders ;)

Its under System Settings > Members > User Profiles | Show users full photo in topic view; maximum width.

As it says in list above....

• Patched in some extra CSS code to clean up old style quote boxes from IPB2
  • Tweaked the colours of the newer quote boxes

Ctrl + F5 to see the change to see the changes.

A couple of other changes made today.

• Changed user reputation system to a positive/negative system
  • Removed old video posting BBCode tags, replaced by Media tag now

A note about the reputation system, this was the "Like This" button before. Now click the green up arrow to add rep, red down arrow to remove rep. Once you add rep to someone's post it can't be removed. You can't add rep on your posts.

For the Media tag you can currently post the follow....

• YouTube
  • Flash Movie/Game
  • Google Video
  • MySpace Video
  • GameTrailers
  • Flickr Image Set
  • MP3
  • Vimeo
  • YouTu.be

In most cases you just need to copy and past the share link for the media you want to post. So for a YouTube video copy and past the full URL, like http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xYV0m_oy4O4. The media tag will do the rest, even decide if it needs the wide screen player or standard player. More sites will be added to the Media tag soon.

Can you change the colour of the reply box when you toggle editing mode? At the moment its an unfriendly grey on grey.

After a bit of searching I found what to change. When you switch to source editing mode the background should now be white. Ctrl + F5 to see the change.

Keep in mind that using the source editor means manually typing in the BBCodes yourself.

Yes, that fixed it. Nice. :)

Can we also change the background colour of the quote text to make it stick out from the other background? Right now it's blue on blue when it's posted, and blue on black when previewing.

Have you done a Ctrl + F5 refresh lately gben? I see the quote boxes as silver text on a blue background. We fixed this last week.

Each time you see updates in this thread ALL of you should do a Ctrl + F5 refresh to make sure you get the update CSS cached to your browser(s). Because I'm always making little edits and improvements.

WHY?! WHY?!

All I'm asking for is an updated of some hot chick avatar, and i promise you she's hot! and this is what i get. I even tried using url also failed! PWNED?!

I wanted to put this: meljpg.jpg

And I get this:

pwnede.png

Edited by Malevolence

Not sure why your having issues uploading your avatar. You could try resizing your image to 150 x 150 then uploading it. Did your image have a valid file extenstion? Only accepts gif, jpg, jpeg and png.

I think I rectify the root of the problem. Apparently avatars will not upload if size is beyond certain kb size, maybe 50kb?

That appears to be the limit. Maybe we should increase it some?

Strangely enough I can't find the setting in the ACP. Personally I think IPS need to work on this avatar area some more. Needs more controls to limit the avatar image dimensions and file sizes. But on the other hand, the forum rules say this....

Your avatar image should should not exceed 50 KB in size and can be no bigger than 150 x 150 pixels

Its been that way for a very long time.

This setting is part of the granular user group controls. I actually found that one, and it would be sort of a bonus for being a dedicated member. Also staff would get better stuff because... **** it, we're staff.

Is there a way to revert back the forum posting toolbar for my account? Quite not used to when I want to post images of sorts, it automatically changes to an image instead of the ....... codes.