Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Sonic

Various Forum Changes / Updates / Additions

216 posts in this topic

Done. Should be working now.

To use it just copy and past the URL (like http://imgur.com/iIF3XSv) into some MEDIA tags, like a YouTube video. If it doesn't appear after you submit the post just reload the page and it will pop up.

Fixed a bug that prevented guests or logged out users from using/seeing the "cncnzNewBlue" forum theme. The "cncnzNewBlue" theme is the default. The older "cncnzBlueRes" theme is still available, as well as the standard white IP.Board theme.

Another thing to ask, Sonic. Can you change all embedded YouTube videos in posts as HTML5 instead of Flash? Revora forums has already done it and they kinda load faster in that format. With the flash player being replaced by HTML5 in some sites due to major security flaws and bugs that probably may or may not be resolved, it appears most websites that once depended on Flash will have to use the HTML5 format sooner than later as the new replacement.

Updated the YouTube embed coding to use the HTML5 player. Also decided to make the video appear larger.

These changes can only be seen on new videos posted from now. Older videos remain unchanged.

New anonymity, black buttons (i.e. with "post", "shout" and "save changes") contain background x's on them.

Edited by zocom7

Not seeing any problem with those buttons. They look just fine to me. If its localised to your browser you could try Ctrl + F5 to force a reload and bypass your browser cache.

Cleaned up the YouTube embed code. Player will always be the HTML5 player, no longer displays the video title information or suggest videos at the end.

Updated the appearance of how the Spoiler tags are displayed.

Sonic, I am recalling this media tag feature: http://forums.cncnz.com/topic/16125-various-forum-changes-updates-additions/page-10#entry221249

The recent changes in Dailymotion now has invisible videos that won't load even though the embedding of the videos work such as these rare Prince music videos: http://forums.cncnz.com/topic/2741-now-playing-music/#entry227939

Please fix.

Edited by zocom7

New suggestion, Sonic. Seems that someone in the Revora forums found a way to edit a posted message in the shoutbox. Please include that option.

Looks like I missed this last week.

Anyway, Only our Admins/Mods can edit/delete things posted in the Shoutbox. I assume you mean you want the regular members to have the ability to edit what they have posted?

Looks like I missed this last week. Anyway, Only our Admins/Mods can edit/delete things posted in the Shoutbox. I assume you mean you want the regular members to have the ability to edit what they have posted?

Yes, Sonic.

One small change. Renamed the tech forum to Tech Discussion & Support, and updated its description. Cartoon and Conquer is now archived and moved down the list in the Hosted Project category.

Fixed Tweet Embedding. Tweets that are embedded in a post will now be centred on the page.