fumanchu84

I need help with the 1.06 r2 patch

Hello everyone,

I hope I can sinf the kind of support I need right now. I started playing C&C1 again. I installed it on an virtualbox running WinXP SP2 using the Fist Decade pack. It all worked so far. Then I read about the 1.06 Patch, downloaded it and tryed to install. "Missing .NET Framework" All right. Donwloaded this as well. Still the error when trying to run the patch. This time I clicked "No" when I was asked if I want so download the .NET Framework now. Patch installed sucsessfully.

First try running the C&C exe. Works! BUT the mouse has a HUGE delay and seems to "jump" over the screen. Any suggestions on that?

I tryed to solve the problem using the ddraw.dll, did'nt work because I can't run the CCConfig because if the not detected, but installed .NEt Framework.

Does anyone has another idea but playing without the patch?

Thanks in advance.

FuManchu

Everything the CCConfig tool can do, can also be done manually in the conquer.ini (for the game) and ddraw.ini (for CnC-DDraw) files. That's why I do allow you to install without the .net platform installed. The config tool may be handy, but in the end, the options to edit are simply text.

Mind you, if you can't run CCConfig, then no, the .net framework is NOT installed correctly. It's as simple as that. The CCConfig app is a very simply C# desktop application. It doesn't do any 'checks' to see if it can run; it simply tries to run. If it can't, then you are missing the framework to run it on. Very sorry, but that's in no way related to what I've programmed. The warning in the installer is exactly that; a warning. It doesn't have any effect on CCConfig itself. I suggest reinstalling the framework. You could try using the 2.0 version (64 bit version here); that's the one the program actually uses, but as the download page for the 4.0 version says, applications that are based on earlier versions of the Framework will continue to run on the newer versions. I just used 2.0 for the sake of compatibility.

As for your actual ingame problems, CnC-DDraw has been known to react poorly to virtualization, though. I suggest renaming or deleting ddraw.dll and just trying to run it that way. The only real drawbacks are that the ingame videos won't be stretched to fullscreen, and that you can't play in windowed mode, or with DOSC&C-corrected aspect ratio (8:5 stretched to 4:3) (but without CCConfig you'd have to do that manually anyway, since it's just clever combining of resolution stretching options).

By the way, why are you running it on a virtual machine anyway? What's your original OS? If it's something like 64-bit Win7, the game runs just fine on that, you know.