Sign in to follow this  
Guest Rabbit

Enemies

Guest Rabbit

There will be several enemies, all within different classifications of sorts.

RDI

Sentry - The basic swordsmen, spearmen, and bowmen of the royal army.

Knight - Experts with the sword and occasionally the horse, they are usually alone but fight with the strength of several men.

Captain - A tough guard with years of experience. Occasionally you'll see them accompanied by a sentry.

Paladin - Hardly a man, but instead a show of brute strength. These are masters of combat.

Spy - Before you've caught wind of him, he's already leaving your camp with valuable intelligence. Lightly armed.

Nod

Militant - The basic swords, spears, bows, and even sticks of the Nod army.

Scout - Spies for the brotherhood. They are fast, but still deadly.

Black Hand - Advanced fighters for Kane. They are sworn brothers, and typically carry special weapons.

Black Disciple - These men are rarely ordered by anyone but Kane himself.

Initiate - A tiberium infused soldier. It almost failed the infusion experiment.

Acolyte - A tiberium infused soldier that wasn't fused with the tiberium at the bottom of the barrel. Stronger than the initiate.

Enlightened - This man volunteered for Tiberium infusion and as a result, evolved with the tiberium instead of being merely corrupted by it.

Confessor - The product of advanced Tiberium infusion technology, it is a biologically perfect man in the eyes of Kane.

Grand Confessor - This man only knows two orders. Protect Kane, and kill. He is known for killing other Nod soldiers that stand in his way.

Avatar - Kane's special brute force soldiers. The men recruited were originally the strongest of their towns, and made stronger within the brotherhood.

Kane - The man himself. Few have even seen Kane, but all know who he is.

Mutant

Infected - Somehow, the infected were the ones lucky enough to live through Tiberium exposure.

Corrupted - The corrupted are physically and mentally affected by Tiberium exposure. They are typically slow, but they follow orders.

Shiner - The brains of the forgotten, true shiners are trying to lead their kind to a better way of life.

Forsaken - These men and women are so mutated by Tiberium, they're almost considered non-human. They no longer respond to human speech, and they are rarely regarded as friendly even by other members of the forgotten. It's only out of pity that the forgotten allow them to stick around, but a close eye is kept on them.

M. Chicken - A chicken infected by Tiberium. Not safe for human consumption.

M. Dog - Mutant dogs are excellent hunters. They can smell traces of tiberium miles away.

M. Cow - It's a wonder how they managed to survive. Somehow their milk strengthens mutant bones.

M. Wolf - These wolves wandered too close to patches of tiberium. Worst cases turned into Tiberium fiends.

M. Bear - Mutant bears will attack normal men and mutants all the same. You're better off avoiding them, and hoping they avoid you.

Creature

Baby Visceroid - A small visceroid, rather dull and mindless. If they attack you, it's usually by accident that they even injure you.

Adult Visceroid - When two baby visceroids combine, they form an adult, oddly enough. Very dangerous, as they are somehow smart enough to aim their targeted attacks.

Legged Visceroid - These visceroids are the most advanced in the evolution, but take off a leg and they're practically useless.

Tiberium Floater - They've eliminated the need to move on the ground. It's believed that static electricity is responsible for their floating, as is their weapon. Stay clear, especially around blue Tiberium.

Tiberium Fiend - These monstrous wolf-dog-fiend combinations are deadly.If you come across one, don't even bother attacking.You will not survive.

Vein Hole - The Royal Defense Initiative is still investigating the purpose behind this creature. Has anyone stolen research from Nod yet?

Independent

Townsman - These are simple people trying to protect their towns.

Bandit - Law breakers, these men are trying to make the most of the damage being done to cities. They're usually around during a fight between RDI and Nod, taking the commotion to their advantage in looting and plundering.

Thug - Thugs will fight you any time, anywhere, if you get in their way. They're just out looking for trouble.

Thief - They'll steal whatever they can to sell for food or clean water.

Mercenary - Paid fighters, they'll fight for whoever offers them more gold. Just hope your side is paying more than the other.

Edited by Rabbit
Redid entire enemy list.

Here's my ideas:

Mutated Animals

Mutated Wolf

Mutated Bear

Tiberium Creatures

Baby Visceroid

Adult Visceroid

Legged Visceroid

Blue Tiberium Fiend

Vein Hole (boss)

(I think it is accurate to classify Fiends as tiberium creatures, as what animals they originated from is not known)

Mutated Humanoids

Infected

Corrupted

Shiner

Human Agressors

(Looters taking advantage of the tiberium chaos)

Thug (club)

Bandit (sword)

Ruffian (polearm)

Rogue (bow)

Highwayman (pistol)

(Brotherhood of Nod - named the troops after C&C units, as I figure Kane might still think the same way 400 years sooner)

Initiate

Acolyte

Enlightened

Confessor

Grand Confessor (boss)

Black Hand

Black Disciple (boss)

Kane (boss)

Scrin?

(How much of an appearance will the Scrin make?)

Guest Rabbit

Good question about the Scrin. Even I'm not sure. I'm thinking of throwing them on the island, but only as a small outpost. If this game is successful, then it'll be their first appearance, and I'll make a second, if I'm up to it.

I'm mixing your list with mine, and I'm adding a new category of just plain "animals," as being in a dark cave could lead to bats and rats and the like. Just small little things to plug you up here or there.

Also, if you could add to / modify my list of Royal Guards, you're better at this classification thing than I am when it comes to enemies here.

I'm adding a new category of just plain "animals," as being in a dark cave could lead to bats and rats and the like. Just small little things to plug you up here or there.

Eh... those are pretty cliché RPG monsters, if you made them all mutated with tiberium, at least it would explain why you are even fighting them. I don't know how realistic you want this, but no bat or rat would ever spontaneously attack a human unless it was infected with rabies... or an alien mutagenic crystal.

Guest Rabbit

Well, if that's the case, there's also the Animal category for things like attack dogs and the like, defending certain houses from strangers, seeing as how the main character would probably be searching random houses at one point or another, as any RPG has random buildings to enter. It probably won't happen more than once or twice, but it's still a category. I'll just add "Guard dog" to the Other section for now.

Also, isn't there a picture somewhere of a Tiberium-infected grizzly bear? I could swear one exists, but I can't remember where I saw it.

Also, isn't there a picture somewhere of a Tiberium-infected grizzly bear? I could swear one exists, but I can't remember where I saw it.

I don't recall seeing one...

Though I can make pictures if need be. They'll of course take longer the more I'd need to create from scratch, but I am an artist (and don't let the rough artwork in Cartoon and Conquer fool you, I am capable of work many times better if I want to take the time for it).

Also some ideas for different levels of Royal soldiers...

• Sentry
  • Knight
  • Captain
  • Paladin

Guest Rabbit

Alright, yeah. One thing I want to do is create 2 or 3 of each enemy. That works out fine for things like Visceroids and Fiends, as we'll have more than one type already, but I'm thinking for things like Attack Dogs, I'll have two specific images to switch between on occasion, or for the snakes I'll be putting in one or two of the fields.

I'll do what I can, but I'm not great with photoshopping two things together, still learning how to do that. Which is why I can tint things green, but I feel a bear should have some good looking crystals attached to it. I'll still try to make do with what I can, but yeah, I'll make a list here of what exactly we need to create. I'm also not going to get too crazy with the mutant chicken, since it's so simple, and it's only in the early stages of tiberium mutation.

mutated wolves (Pretty sure there's a good one online, I'll try to find it)

mutated bears

mutated cow

For the most part, we only need art for animals and the forgotten right now. But this is a start.

Guest Rabbit

TiberiumFiend2copy.jpg

Here's the wolf that was online. I'd have to see if I can even get a hold of the guy who created this (at planet cnc I think), but it's so old, it might be something I can just throw in with credit.

Meh, it is too cropped, you can't see his feet or half his body. I could make you a new one fairly easily if I found a good shot of a wolf.

Guest Rabbit

If you're up to it. For now, the current list of enemies is a complete one, so we'll leave it at that unless we feel we need to add anything. But yeah, if you can find a decent picture of a wolf, then by all means, feel free to make your own.

On another note, for organizational purposes, I'm putting everything into albums on imgur now. I'm linking images to the individual enemies.

How's this?

post-3542-0-80274500-1333342543_thumb.png

Guest Rabbit

Looks really good to me. Hell, better than I expected, no offense. :P

I'll add it in to the lineup. Here's everything I've organized onto imgur so far.

http://zeehypnotist.imgur.com/

My critique on the current enemy line up...

Tiberium Monster looks like a higher evolved blossom tree, if that is the general idea, the red should be toned down to dull yellowish browns.

Vein Hole looks really small and non-threatening... also not really like a butt I mean Vein Hole.

Baby Visceroid looks identical to the Adult other than the red hue.

I'll make a mutant bear later, for now I think I'll take a break.

Guest Rabbit

Well, when the baby visceroid is in game, I'll make it smaller in the battle scenes. There's no real difference in images for a baby and adult to be found.

The Tiberium Monster... ****, I don't even know where I found that, now that I think about it.

As for the vein hole, it's hard to find one, but I'll keep looking.

I'll see what I can do otherwise. I might even be able to find a completely different Tiberium Monster, since that one doesn't really look the greatest.

I'm not entirely sure in what degree the game revolves around Tiberium, but I think you can do with more variants of mutants.

Guest Rabbit

Well, there's three classes of mutant here (if you're referring specifically to the humanoid version), but I think I'll give them a little variety, and as for the monsters/fiends and such, I'm going to try to fit more mutated versions of animals in here or there, but this is going to be a good solid base. The way I want it to play out is that there's a new type of enemy for every new part of the game you get through, as the tiberium plague gets worse and worse. I'll start with all this stuff, and if I feel it's not enough, then I'll definitely get on to adding more, but this is a good start.

One mutated bear on the loose...

post-3542-0-07513200-1333353313_thumb.png

Guest Rabbit

Excellent. I like it a lot. Added to the roster, I'll shift it into the album.

How's this?

red_heart.png

EDIT: For Scrinnies:

Since they already have all that technology from the future because they caused this time travel business, I'd recommend the following (feel free to accept and deny stuff). Linked to C&C Wikia to make pic searching easier:

Buzzers

Assimilators (maybe they can be used for spitting out some vital info)

Cultists (seemed appropriate)

Shock Troopers

Corrupters

Mastermind/Prodigy (harder variation)

Guest Rabbit

Yeah, I don't think I'm going to get too in depth with the scrin units to that degree. A single man, not to mention ~400 years ago, would stand absolutely no chance against that kind of technology. I'll have to work something out, but fighting that probably won't happen.

Humans will need to win by cunning and luck. Maybe the Scrin are too occupied building a Threshold Tower to bother with the insignificant primitives. The humans are able to take advantage of the alien underestimation of their determination and sneak into the Relay Node which is only under relatively light guard.

They can face:

• Buzzers, as there is no technology there.
  • Ravagers, whose attacks are merely an advanced variation of Tiberium Fiends which would have already been faced and defeated.
  • Disintegrators, supposedly these dudes fire a cutting beam that can sear through steel, but in gameplay, they are weak versus infantry, guess what's good for steel sucks against flesh...

As a final boss, they could face a Mechapede. It would make a good final boss, as it would be huge, scary looking, and you could kill it in stages which each segment using a new weapon (the RPG final boss cliché of clichés ^_^ ).

I'll make you a mutated cow if you let me know what kind of cow you want as the base. Black & white, brown, etc...

Guest Rabbit

Well, with the sprites, I started with a black and white cow, and changed the black to green, so if you can kinda sorta work similar to that, and I'll edit the sprite to whatever you turn your cow into.

Guest Rabbit

Just an update, it's hard as hell to get in touch with any of those Tiberian Sun Rising guys. I sent them all emails a while ago about using their fiend artwork, and nobody I've messaged has gotten back to me, 'cept Bibber, who isn't able to give me an answer cause he's not in charge of that stuff.

That's a shame, because making a fiend that nice from scratch would take a long time. I'll just send you my versions of it now. For the time being, use it as a placeholder under the assumption they will eventually give us permission. If they still haven't (or rejected the request) at a later date, we'll figure something else out.

And I'll get to that cow sooner or later, preferably sooner, probably later...

post-3542-0-15520600-1333609763_thumb.png

post-3542-0-82937700-1333609769_thumb.png