Sign in to follow this  
Galacticruler

All 2D (and 2.5 D) games broken

When i ran Twisted insurrection last time, the screen got auto-corrected to the side, massively, i thought nothing of it and closed and booted down, but now if i load ANY WW 2D/2.5D game, this happens(i had to edit this in, because it fails to show in screenshots):

2cegcj4.jpg

anyone have a solution?

Also, i cnat correct it maunaly with the monitor buttons, they dont work properly, the screen is 10+ years old.

Edited by Galacticruler

yes, i stated this in the OP, but it is not showing up, the screen just start that way and the desktop looks normal, its only C&C WW games.

Edited by Galacticruler

If it's an LCD, it should come with a button that autofits the screen so it's properly aligned. If it's not an LCD and it's a CRT, good luck cause those are just junk these days.

The only other solution I can think of is to run the game windowed so you can move the screen around.

Are you using the Large Fonts feature in Windows or did you change the DPI settings? Did you update the graphics driver recently?

Did you check the graphic card settings in the Control Panel? Some drivers offer ways to adjust the screen settings like position, size and colors.

1. no large fonts exist on Vista( or i have not seen them)

2. DPI?

3. nope, but thanks for reminding me to check, i just found a new update for my Nvidia GForce 6100 drivers.

4. this happened in the middle of a game, auto correct wigged out and this problem occurred, so far, changing the in-game screen res to 1280 x 1024 fixes it, but only for TI, and does not occur outside of a 2D game, i just found out that it affected Cortex Command too :mad:.

5. i have tried those, only Size and Color work, position is non-responsive.

Come to think of it, i installed a rotating desktop for my 32x Vista before this happend....

Edited by Galacticruler

Sorry for the double post, but has anyone got a solution for this????

i have the problem fixed for in-game, but the menus are all 800x600 and still bugged.

but the menus are all 800x600

YR is always 800x600.....

The menus are coded differently than the games themselves :P

It's not as bad as that sounds, but it's still kind of annoying. You have to set Windows to run in 16-bit color mode then add -win to the shortcut. If you're running a mod, you have to edit the LCF file.

The LCF is in the directory. You can add command line options to run at game start every time, but adding windowed can be hit or miss since you have to change your color depth every time you run the game. The LCF is handy though... the options run regardless so that's nice, I guess...