Sign in to follow this  
Marco91

Annoying graphical problem

Hello, i just downloaded the full pack of this mod and installed it, but i have a problem. If i run it a the biggest resolution, it will look like this:

10p7y87.png

I tried following the advice on this thread, and this is my current configuration:

116jd4l.png

I can play the game in low resolution, but i would really like to play at the max res possible for me (1280x800).

Can anyone please help me?

Please, read cc95v106c_r3_en.rtf, you'll find all the answers you need.

Yeah, that one is not only in the FAQ, but you should've seen it fix itself from the moment you opened the menu to abort the mission to report the problem here anyway.

On a related note, both the patch website and ModDB page have a link to the online version of the FAQ.

Hello, i just downloaded the full pack of this mod and installed it

Patch, not mod ;)

The latest C&C patch has yet to have a high-screen resolution to stretch and fit to widescreen. Same goes to RA1.

• Downvote 1

The units are too tiny to make high resolutions useful :P

The latest C&C patch has yet to have a high-screen resolution to stretch and fit to widescreen. Same goes to RA1.

If you look in CCConfig you can use whatever resolution you want. -_-

Exactly which part of that "custom" radio button didn't you understand?

I tried following the advice on this thread, and this is my current configuration:

http://i49.tinypic.com/116jd4l.png

I can play the game in low resolution, but i would really like to play at the max res possible for me (1280x800).

Can anyone please help me?

That thread says to use 640x400 doubled to 1280x800, though. Your config shows you trying to "double" 1024x768 to 1280x800, which kinda doesn't work (see the description on the "Center" filter), and will leave you with 1024x768 centered in a 1280x800 black box. All you should do is set the actual game resolution (the radio buttons at the top) to Custom, configure the 1280x800 resolution in the boxes there, an disable the stretching completely.

Same goes to RA1.

You're wrong on that count; too; by the way.

http://redalert95.tk/hires/

(this is for CnCNet, but a simple shortcut with those parameters can do the same thing of course)

The units are too tiny to make high resolutions useful :P

Given the way monitor sizes increased with resolutions, that's not entirely true. Besides, there's always the stretching options.