Sign in to follow this  
Sonic

More C&C - Free to Play Clarifications from EA_CIRE

In reaction to the Sean Decker EA Russia Interview, EA_CIRE has posted some information to clarify the on going confusion about Command & Conquer - Free to Play, especially the hotly debated topic of whether the new Command & Conquer is a service that will launch with the Generals universe or is it just a game using the Command & Conquer name. Short answer, it's a service. Read the full post below for more.

Ql5JY.png

Let's get in here to clarify some things:

- Sean Decker's answer actually hit me by surprise. But I will give you guys a little bit more insights on how to read the "2 factions at launch" quote. "At launch" isn't really the best term to describe it - The beta will only have two playable factions, yes. This is considered launch for us, as the service needs to be up and running, obviously. The beta period is all about working on stabilizing the game and it's KPIs. But obviously we have more Generals inspired factions in the works, that will be introduced later during beta or when the game drops it's beta tag.

- Pay to win: I wrote some things to consider regarding to P2W in another thread. But again, just because you can buy SOMETHING in a store, doesn't mean it will be pay to win! There are good examples out there, that incorporate a non Pay 2 Win store. I've raised that flag within the developer team multiple times now and they are aware that a p2w store in an RTS will harm the consumer experience.

- Command & Conquer as Service: The announced Command & Conquer will indeed be a whole C&C service platform that leverages the power of Frostbite 2. We will start by visiting the Generals universe as first content. Over a long period of time we ultimately want to visit the other great C&C Universes to become part of the platform. The details on "Do i chose the universe on start" or "Can i play GDI vs Sowjets vs GLA" are not finalized yet - It's more of a rough idea - However, No exact details on the how itself.

CIRE

Many fans are still misinformed about this new C&C, you only have to look at posts in our forums here at CNCNZ.com or the Official C&C Forums. Hopefully this information from EA_CIRE makes things more clear to the confused C&C fans out there. Click here for the original post.

I've raised that flag within the developer team multiple times now and they are aware that a p2w store in an RTS will harm the consumer experience.

:thumbsup:

Sounds good to me, The game will be fully supported and the $80 you'd pay for a new game can go towards other such upgrades. IF the game is like tradtional CNC it's engaging, fun and balanced then I wont hesitate to buy MANY things since I dont game alot elsewhere.