Sign in to follow this  
Malovolpe

Can't change video settings

Whenever I try to change the video settings on C&C4, the screen goes black, the mouse curser appears and then it crashes to desktop. Anyone have any idea how to fix this?

Standard procedure: attempt a reinstall (preferrably, delete the C&C 4 folder in My Documents after uninstalling), check if you have the latest gfx-card drivers, look if you have sloppy cracks or trainers.

Its the C&C Complete Collection version on Origin. There is no C&C4 folder in the My documents.

There should be one if you've set your profile.

Anyway, you can also manually set the resolution and video settings by changing Options.ini found in this folder:

WinXP: C:\Documents and Settings\[uSER LOGIN NAME]\Application Data\Command and Conquer 4\Profiles\[PROFILE NAME]

WinVista/7: C:\Users\[uSER LOGIN NAME]\AppData\Roaming\Command and Conquer 4\Profiles\[PROFILE NAME]

In the Resolution string, type the width and height without the "x" or commas, like so:

Resolution = 1680 1050

Edited by Plokite_Wolf

Also latest video drivers may cause problems.

Edited by Traymen

Really? In a 2010 game? And I thought they "optimized it for WinVista/7"

You have to remember, that the latest drivers are optimised for newest games and each upgrade of those command lines sometimes fundamentally changes work of a bit older games.

Really? In a 2010 game? And I thought they "optimized it for WinVista/7"

rofl. Good one, Plokite.

• Upvote 1

It's true, actually. The XWIS team found some small differences between game .exes for YR of the disc and UC releases. VG probably did the same with other games.