Sign in to follow this  
Iran

RAED Standalone

RAED v1.26 patched * + all required data files (no maps/missions included) + desert, jungle and winter theater support + EDWIN.EXE + mega map map files for all theaters. Download:

*v1.26 patch by Nyerguds. Additional modifications by FunkyFr3sh. And more additional modifications by Iran.

https://github.com/Iran/RAED-Standalone/raw/master/Red%20Alert%20Standalone%20Map%20Editors.zip

Download is less than 6 MB.

Here's a ZIP with all official missions and maps (including expansions), place the individual .INI map files you need in the RAED folder:

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/21865790/All%20Red%20Alert%20Missions%20and%20Maps.zip

To create a new map, make a copy of one of the mega maps included with the standalone package and open it with a text editor, under the section [Map] change Width= and Height= to your desired size.

Thanks to FunkyFr3sh for helping me answer RAED related questions and giving me the blank mega map plus interior map. And thanks to Nyerguds for compiling a list of all official Red Alert missions inside a .MIX file.

I'm not sure if I accidentally removed a required file so consider this a beta release. Report any issues you find please.

https://github.com/I...RAED-Standalone

Edited by Iran
  • Upvote 1

Damn. What more did you manage to remove? I thought I already stripped it to the bare minimum :P

I took the redalert.mix and main.mix from FunkyFr3sh's earlier mini-ra as base, and not what you have. Essentially everything in redalert.mix is removed except the infantry SHP files in hires.mix, main.mix has temperate, snow and interior and the SHP files for units/buildings etc.

So a break down of what I have is:

-hires.mix with only infantry SHP files

-interior.mix, snow.mix and temperat.mix left untouched

-conquer.mix removed everything except unit/building SHPs

-general.mix completely emptied out

I removed some TD leftovers which I can't imagine being used and I left some stuff in there which I'm not sure is used or not (e.g. the SHP for the green signal flare smoke).

Could you make a zipped folder of every official mission and multiplayer map by Westwood so I can drop them in my RAED folder? I can't find any sources to do this and forgot how to extract them all.

Chad123 reported that some naval units were missing their turret. I fixed this and updated the download links.

Wait, it does? Thought you said I needed to patch the binary lol. I'll check it tomorrow, shouldn't be too hard then.

Updated the package with expansion units and and blank mega maps for every theatre (thanks FunkyFr3sh!).

The blank maps give off a ''[MapPack] section corrupted and [OverlayPack] section corrupted'' error but RAED seems to open them up fine afterwards.

Thought you said I needed to patch the binary lol

I am pretty sure I was talking about some bugs that can crash the editor and some other ones.

They open just fine here without those error messages, could you make a screeny please?

How odd, I just downloaded and they worked fine here. Could you redownload the ZIP? I'm using Windows 7 too..

Are you placing the files in its own folder?

Updated the RAED executable with one patched by FunkyFr3sh to save maps as .MPR by default and save them as 126x126 instead of 96x96.

I've updated to use FunkyFr3sh's new hex edited RAED and EDWIN.EXE that use their own MIX files, aside from the addition of EDWIN.exe there's no changes. I also supply cnc-ddraw so EDWIN.exe can be run in a window.

I've updated the download links. Enjoy.

Hmm... that's what cnc-ddraw is still missing: app-specific settings. Like, a header called [edwin.exe] which contains specific overrides if cnc-ddraw would be called for edwin.exe