Sign in to follow this  
Plok

C3N Stream 01 Starts Tomorrow

The next stream of C3N will start tomorrow at 19:30 GMT. For those of you who don't know, C3N is a livestream channel on Twitch.tv that covers Command & Conquer news, mods and live matches with the stress on older games, while it will have interviews in the nearer future.

Kqrzp.png

STREAM 01 - January 5th, 2013 @ 19:30 GMT

Here is the approximate schedule:

• 19:30 GMT - Radio Free Tiberium - musical introduction
  • 19:38 GMT - Briefing - word from the host
  • 19:43 GMT - Community Today - latest news from the community
  • 19:48 GMT - Kane's Disciples - top scales
  • 19:55 GMT - Engineering Exam - mod review
  • 20:00 GMT - Timeshift - old video from the community archives
  • 20:06 GMT - Today's Execution: Red Alert - The Aftermath [CnCNet] - live multiplayer match

You will be able to watch it live on Twitch.tv by clicking here. You can still apply for the live multiplayer matches - click here to see the supported games.

• Upvote 1

I'm impressed. :P

I'd like to get involved somehow and help out in the future (if there is any way I can), but not by participating in matches at the moment.

So hit me up on Skype at your convenience Wolfy.

Will you have a delayed broadcast for those who can't watch it at the scheduled times?

Twitch always saves a VoD for people who miss the stream.

If you need to promote this C3N idea I would seriously consider establishing a Facebook and Twitter presence.

Good call. I'll probably make one in the following days

Twitter is here - https://twitter.com/C3NOfficial

Someone else might do the Facebook thing, had trouble making a site without an account.

Would it be feasible to have both commentary as well as the game's sound effects audible at the same time?

It can be difficult to enjoy the game when it cannot be heard. Music would be unnecessary and distracting, and the sound effects don't need to be very loud, just... there.

Anyway, my thoughts on it.

Guest Stevie_K

It was a good session. Good job Plokite.

I really liked the Generals 2 concept art, and old Westwood Studios clips. Those where great.

As I suggested in the chat, we should put together a CNCNZ member battle in PortableRA on the stream sometime. :D

Would it be feasible to have both commentary as well as the game's sound effects audible at the same time?

It can be difficult to enjoy the game when it cannot be heard. Music would be unnecessary and distracting, and the sound effects don't need to be very loud, just... there.

I tried to do so, but Xsplit, my streaming software, cannot do both for some reason. Only if I set the sound output to my speakers and use the microphone 100% of the streaming time, maybe something can be achieved, otherwise - it'll stay as it is. Sorry.

The Youtube upload is available here. Twitch made part 10 too long, I'll see what I can do about this later.

Plokite_Wolf is using Windows XP, this prevents him from recording game sounds and the microphone at the same time and limits his choice of streaming software to Xsplit.

However, I think that I managed to properly record the Stereo Mix input with both ingame sounds and microphone in CamStudio before... Dunno what's going on with Xsplit.

Plokite_Wolf is using Windows XP, this prevents him from recording game sounds and the microphone at the same time...

I'm also using WinXP and I can record both in game audio and my own voice via mic input just fine with software such as Fraps or Bandicam. How come you stated XP as the thing holding him back?

:facepalm:

Fraps cannot stream

Ah, I got caught up with the larger part of the statement I quoted which indicated that XP ruled out the recording of both game sounds and mic input. Sorry for the unnecessary comment on my part.

What I meant to say:

"Plokite_Wolf is using Windows XP, this prevents him from recording game sounds and the microphone in Xsplit at the same time and limits his choice of streaming software to Xsplit."

I was in a bit of a hurry.