Sign in to follow this  
Saracen

StarDrive (Better than SoaSE apparently!)

I would type a long explanation. But All you need to know is this was a kickstarter project from just a single, 30 year old indie developer who had a vision to create a RT4X game like Sins of a Solar Empire. He just about succeeded and began building upon the concept he created on his own, in his bedroom. Iceberg Interactive saw it, chucked a tonne of extra money his way for better tools and extra industry advice... and now he is close to 1.0 Final (Awaiting Steam release date.)

Anyway, rather than let me ramble on, I'll show an old trailer let this chap do the explaining.

Edited by Saracen

For all those who are interested. The game will be available for pre-order on Steam at 6PM GMT today. Pre-order will let you in to the pay to play open-beta.

Nerdgasm ^_^

Pay to play in the beta?.... hell no! Especially for some minor blip on the radar game that no one has heard about.

• Upvote 1

Well that's Iceberg Interactive's terminology for it... There's lenty of previews and opinion around the web, let's plays on YouTube etc. You pay $29.99 to pre-order. That pre-order just gives you access to the Beta. I Personally know it's a safe bet, which is why I'm grabbing it the moment it's out!

Some bigger companies might offer their Beta's for free to play. But this is one guy who's done the job. Since I really only support independent developers these days.. He can take my money!

And maybe no-one around here has heard about it. But there's an ever growing and very active community. Once reviews come out I'd imagine that'll change exponentially given that anyone who's played it, has called it better than Sins of a Solar Empire.

Some bigger companies might offer their Beta's for free to play.

Not just them. Gamepires released the open beta of Gas Guzzlers: Combat Carnage for free last year. And it was their first game!

Oh well. The pre-order now, play now business model is becoming a more common practice on Steam nowadays.. The game is effectively done. But Zero-Sum games are not happy enough yet to call it final release..

So let's up the Ante with an official announcement trailer released today.

Edited by Saracen

Saw the trailer. Call me a derp, but I don't know why it reminds me of Galactic Civilizations II.

But as an RTS in which you can pause to make more important decisions, yes.

The closest thing this game comes to is Imperium Galactica 2: Alliances. A game which I have many a time raved on about in these forums and I regard to be one of the greatest RTS games ever developed.

Despite PC Gamer UK giving it a huge review back in 2000 and gave IG2 a huge 94% score.. It was also a so-called "Blip on a radar that no-one has heard about..." and it's the only game which has spent 13 years constantly on my hard drives through the years, and the first game I'll install after a fresh format. I still play it at least once or twice a month.

Alternatively, and to put it in a better perspective. Imagine if Sid Meier's Civilization game was real time and in Space. That's what you've got here.

Edited by Saracen

578530_357578057679535_640190007_n.jpg

StarDrive beta is now available on Steam! Tell your friends, family and sworn enemies: intergalactic 4x space war is here! Pre-order with 15% discount and play now! http://store.steampowered.com/app/220660

EDIT: Look how it's doing in the top 10 Best sellers

495_358845924219415_465722255_n.jpg

Best way to describe this game: It's very similar to Master of Orion 2, but in real time. Mix that with Galactic Civ 2 for Planet Management.

Edited by Saracen