Sign in to follow this  
Ptica10

Error Installing C&C Generals

Hi guys,

I'm new here, decided to register to get some help from professionals ;)

So the problem is simple (haha), at the installation this damn pop up shows up.

post-9823-0-98307100-1373736445_thumb.jpg

I tried everything I know, moved the whole installation folder to hard drive, cleaned up registry, Run as administrator, Compatibility mode etc...
So please if you have any ideas on how to fix this, I would be grateful.

Wiling to try every option in order to play this awesome game.

Tnx in advance :)

Have you had the game installed on that computer before? I'd say that there are some residual files left.

The best part is I didn't, this is the brand new PC, and the first installation, I'm going nuts.. :D
You're from Split, nice to have someone from the same country, btw I'm from Varaždin :)

Well, it is highly unusual that the installer wishes to run a file it is supposed to install... Damaged disc, maybe?

You're from Split, nice to have someone from the same country, btw I'm from Varaždin :)

Figured you were from around here somewhere by your username :)

The disc seems fine, in fact all 4 of them (including Zero Hour). And on the last PC I installed without any problems.. doubt that the CD got damaged somewhere in between because it was in the box all the time.

I figured the problem might be with the CD, so I downloaded the game from the Internet, but the same error...so it must be something with my PC :/

Figured you were from around here somewhere by your username :)

Haha the username gave me away :D

I did delete the folder, CC-ed the machine, checked for viruses. But it keeps creating the folder when I click "Next" in the installation setup...and tried this several times.

Will try thanks, I looked up a few videos on Youtube on what actually should happen when you click "Next" on the installation window, It should open a new window where you enter the serial for the game. So I'm guessing something with opening that window is the problem.