Sonic

Victory Games Begins Packing Up

These are some sad and disappointing photos here. Community manager Eric Krause shared these on Facebook today - photos of the big cleanup and packing-up of all the gear at the Victory Games studio in Los Angeles. I will say it's extremely disappointing for me on a personal level seeing these photos. Having been through the studio in person, I got a first-hand look at how cool a place it was, but it doesn't look so great now. Last December for the C&C Community Summit, it was filled with hope and dreams as the team laid the foundations for a new Command & Conquer. And now, here we are about 11 months later.... well, the photos speak for themselves.....

lwcs8YB.jpg xtzGKDY.jpg

8Lysnqk.jpg W8XqXzA.jpg

2ldPLqH.jpg hDOXSoS.jpg

Definitely the end of an era.

• Upvote 1

just SAD! :(

i nevered liked the free 2 play idea, but this engine and this universe was working really great and there was potentials to become a very good game, or at least solid base for future titles!

they were keep talking about the beginning of something that will last for years......and it didnt even started!

the luck of new information, the luck of real progress and changes in the patches, was a worried sign.....but i nevered thought EA was SO damn stupid.

they did it with all the CnC games.....they are spending few money, gather a team and hope the public will be exited and buy this game! HOW? when you have such a damn history closing down everything in the past? how can we trust a publisher with that kind of "blood in their hands" that "this time will be different?!" :mad:

i am really sorry for all those developers, and for the community that are been waiting for almost a decade for a successful rebirth of the franchise!

why the heck EA keeps the copyrights and does nothing with them i Do not know! i just wish i was a millionaire to buy the copyrights and make the best CnC game ever. (the way Planetary Annihilation is doing it, single, offline, lan, online, private servers, modern, fast, fluid)

such a disappointment and anger. :thumbsdown:

Edited by Johnnyxp64
  • Upvote 2

Let these pictures sink in for the foolish developers believing joining EA is a good idea. This WILL be your fate...

Definitely the end of an era.

More like the end of everything it seems. Edited by Sonic
Merged 2 back to back posts here

That photo of the set of draws is such a tease, would love to get my hands on the 'Westwood Tapes' ;)

• Upvote 2

EA, please sell the C&C franchise to somewhere else if you are not gonna make it happened. There are many better Publisher than you that will make this game live.

EA, please sell the C&C franchise to somewhere else if you are not gonna make it happened. There are many better Publisher than you that will make this game live.

I will join your preyer, but know this would never happen, like sun would rise rise from the west...

Not gonna happen, experience shows EA rather prefers franchises to get buried than sell them, and no, dont count on EA falling apart, they are too big and have too much of a widespread array of products to end like, for example, THQ.