Sign in to follow this  
Alex06

Mental Omega 3.0 Public Beta Released!

The long wait is finally over, the public beta version of the Mental Omega 3.0 mod for Yuri's Revenge is now available. Mental Omega mod is an unofficial expansion pack for Red Alert 2: Yuri's Revenge that has been enhanced with the Ares Expansion DLL, featuring all-new campaigns, units, buildings and much more.

eKjbXK6.png

Version 3.0 of Mental Omega can be downloaded here (182mb). Additionally, the in-game soundtrack, which replaces Red Alert 2 and Yuri's Revenge audio tracks, is available as a separate download (480mb - Full track listing available here), but is not required for either off-line or online play, at which point the soundtrack will default to Red Alert 2 and Yuri's Revenge music. Mental Omega 3.0 requires a working installation of Red Alert 2 & Yuri's Revenge to be played. All releases (original 2001 release, The First Decade, The Ultimate Collection etc.) are compatible with it.

This Public Beta features:
  • 9 new subfactions with their own unique sets of units
  • 36 new singleplayer missions, including a campaign for Yuri
  • 18 new cooperative maps for 2 players
  • new skirmish/multiplayer maps
  • new skirmish/multiplayer game modes
  • updated visuals & audio
  • new soundtrack (separate download)

Visit the Mental Omega website for more information. You can read the complete news update on Mental Omega's 3.0 public beta release over here. The news post includes some minor troubleshooting, such as a step-by-step guide for installing the mod and playing online.

• Upvote 1

Using Frank Klepacki's other tracks that are not C&C related are rare to be put into a C&C mod. Great for Mental Omega. :thumbsup:

Edited by zocom7

You'll love this, people. Trust me :)

I think, the story-briefing must be on loading screen, which will wait for your key-press to continue when loading is finished.

Right now not everyone will read the story briefing

Awesome! Can't wait till I have time to start playing it.

Two issues of this mod and devs already knew it:

1) Can't save in-game during missions/skirmishes -- mentioned in the FAQ from their original mod website, and they promised to re-enable it back in future versions of the mod.

2) MIX files cannot be opened or be edited -- they obviously used a new tool to do this to prevent modders from modifying this YR mod.

So much for calling it an epic public beta of this mod, even with Ares 0.4...........

I don't see how any of those two points relate to the quality of the mod itself.

1) It's been known for long time that Ares DLL has saving and loading disabled and we as modders can't do anything about it.

2) Blame the rippers.

Edited by Speeder

So much for calling it an epic public beta of this mod, even with Ares 0.4...........

And why the freakin' heck wouldn't it be? Why would everything have to be super-HD-lensflare-latestnonexistingversion-Battlefield/CoD-expensive-insertrandom****here to be good?

I played builds that weren't even finished, and if the mod was released even then when it didn't have at least a quarter of the art and features it does now, it would've been, as you say... epic.

To some people, there are only two standards, Epic and Fail. Perhaps what those individuals deserve most is pity, or perhaps a belt up alongside their skull in an attempt to jump start their brain, I will not be the one to judge which.