PurpleGaga27

Free giveaway on promotional game(s) -- post them here

I never thought I would want to post this here, but for the first time ever, I decided to post a thread asking you guys to post any free giveaway on game(s) that are temporarily free to get and download without any paying cost (whether if it's from Steam, Origin or whatsoever). At least it's better than paying up front. Please do not post MP only games here.

Last year, Metro 2033 was the last best free DirectX 11 game to download (via THQ's FB) until EA gave away a free promo code for Battlefield 3 which happened two months ago. I also missed last year's Origin free promo code that should have given me a free download of any game priced at $19.99 or under. As of now only seven games in Origin are permanently free to download. I do not know how many games in Steam are permanently free to download as of now.

So far I missed three opportunities at getting C&C4 for free, really, unless someone in the C&C community still has an unused code specifically for that game and use it into Origin.

Edited by zocom7

I haven't heard of any free AAA games lately, the last one that comes to mind was Metro 2033 or whatever.

Out of 221 total free-to-play games on Steam (where did you get the 74, Jehal), only 39 are single-player and 41 are co-op (those numbers included some F2P games yet to be released). :mellow:

Edited by zocom7

Guest Stevie_K

oh my, 74 pages (now 76).. With approximately 10 each. Whatever...

Does anyone know back in the past which commercial games did GOG.com gave away for free (as a temporary promotion) other than Duke Nukem 3D and the Fallout Pack?

Torchlight earlier this year.

A good heads-up page for various promotional giveaways and stuff like that right here.

Most of the offers are raffle giveaways or purchasing games with discounts. Besides Steamgifts.com is already the place where I could get into some raffle giveaways rather than FB's "Grab the Games" page. My chances of winning a free giveaway game = winning three numbers right in a set for a state lottery game = very slim and very hard to be picked.

Edited by zocom7

Left 4 Dead 2 FREE on Steam for a limited time only! Hurry up and grab yours while you can! Note, the store is lagging like hell at the moment...

http://www.joystiq.com/2013/12/25/left-4-dead-2-is-yours-free-for-a-limited-time/

Left 4 Dead 2 will be available as a free gift until December 26 at 10am Pacific / 1pm Eastern.

Valve's only free Christmas gift of the decade? Are they kidding?! :o

THIS IS THE BEST FREEBIE GAME EVER SINCE METRO 2033!

Edited by zocom7

Its free and I still give a **** about the Left 4 Dead games. Probably means another L4D game is coming soon.

When L4D2 was released, it was an incomplete product (so was TF2). As of now, it's still an incomplete product (despite 3 DLCs) unless the remaining 17 level maps from L4D are included. The unofficial ones remade and ported from L4D are available to download somewhere in the Internet.

And you may be right about a new L4D game Sonic, because rumors of a L4D3 were already mentioned in another thread:

http://forums.cncnz.com/topic/16254-half-life-3-is-in-development/page-2#entry214914

If they went for L4D3, I guess Valve has forgotten the Half-Life series after all. If anyone wants a Half-Life 3, it's gonna be very difficult to compete with the other popular game series today, leaving Valve to continue with a low profile of themselves until now.

Edited by zocom7

Its free and I still give a **** about the Left 4 Dead games. Probably means another L4D game is coming soon.

I'm not fond of it either, but when I looked at the price tag and what it usually costs I just grabbed it off of there just for the sake of trying it out. I've got some extra space on my hard drive so I figured why not...

Hope some of you L4D fans got it in time.

Looks like Bethesda, developer of Fallout 3, will acquire the Fallout Franchise eventually as the first 3 Fallout games are no longer bought on GOG.com:

http://www.cinemablend.com/games/Fallout-Removed-From-GOG-61316.html

Now I wonder if there's a free game to download on New Year's Day similar to Valve's free giveaway on Christmas Day.

Yep got it free a few days ago.

So I got Dead Space III for free after the Sims City disaster, and now have Dead space I, now I just need Dead Space II and I'll have the set. :P

Another game I missed from last week, Red Orchestra 2 (it's too late to get it free since it's a one day only):

http://www.pcworld.com/article/2147322/free-game-alert-red-orchestra-2s-free-on-steam-today-only.html

Wait a minute, wasn't Red Orchestra a free UT2004 mod before turning into an indie retail sequel?

Edited by zocom7

Plants vs. Zombies is now on Origin's On the House until May 28. Even better, it has bonus content that was not on the original.

https://www.origin.com/en-us/store/buy/plants-vs-zombies/mac-pc-download/base-game/standard-edition

Sad thing about the Plants vs Zombies series, their forums and post-support are limited.

funfun. Already got the original version of the game on DVD (Michael Jackson zombies FTW), but it's always nice to get it on other systems for free.

Plants vs Zombies? A mobile game on PC? Hersesy.

Ummm... Plants vs Zombies 1 was developed as PC game, Luk3us.

My shield of ignorance protects me from such comments. :snooty:

I think Luk3us has forgotten that EA has owned Popcap Games which includes all Bejeweled games and of course the Plants vs Zombies series of games. :rolleyes:

Edit: I found out that EA_Fixnow from the TA forums did give away game codes of some free EA games in his Twitter page, but too bad only one user can redeem one code per game once in Origin. Not much of a good giveaway though, but the question was, how did he obtained those extra game codes?

Edited by zocom7