PurpleGaga27

Free giveaway on promotional game(s) -- post them here

Oh, no... not that "less than 10-minute speedrun game" I had seen in YouTube. When that game is very much similar to Dear Esther and Everybody's Gone to the Rapture, they're just pointless, brainless games but nothing more of playing as POV movies just for looks. It may be free temporarily, but it's original price just isn't worth it for a short Indie game.

They're not pointless or brainless. The whole point of games like Dear Esther is that video games can be more than just "action" or transcend the simple concept of "just fun." Think larger scope and stop complaining about everything that doesn't fit your narrow-minded narrative.

And I thought that old DOS game was abandonware until I noticed 2K Games as the distributor. Since the XCOM series is still ongoing, this old game will never be freeware.

When I was a PC Gamer subscriber, I had this free game on the special monthly edition CD back in 2000 that also came along with 11 other free classic games.

Edited by PurpleGaga27

It's an Indie game from Microids and thus it's not an EA game (not sure why it's in Origin).

After all these years, you didn't notice EA doesn't hold just their own games on Origin?

It's an Indie game from Microids

I don't think Microïds qualifies as 'indie'.

After all these years, you didn't notice EA doesn't hold just their own games on Origin?

I thought EA hold only their own games after all this time. If they were holding other games, their game library in Origin would have as much as Steam.

Too bad EA isn't putting another C&C game On The House prior to C&C3's 10th anniversary.

• Downvote 1

I thought EA hold only their own games after all this time. If they were holding other games, their game library in Origin would have as much as Steam.

Too bad EA isn't putting another C&C game On The House prior to C&C3's 10th anniversary.

Too bad you want everything for free.

Missed overlord, but got Gal/Civ... thanks PW.

Guest Rabbit

This is just pedantic, but I think the thread should be renamed to "Free/Promotional giveaway on games" or something like that.  These aren't exactly "promotional games" that are being released for free, they are promotion of the games themselves by giving them away.

2 hours ago, Plokite_Wolf said:

Ars Technica is now partnered with GOG.com, and are giving away The Witcher: Enhanced edition for 48 hours: https://arstechnica.co.uk/gaming/2017/04/ars-gog-free-games-partnership/

Technical problem right now is that new users cannot register and log in just to get that, saying the message "Our apologies, but Ars registration is temporarily closed for required maintenance." 

Then I found this:

All righty, the code giveaway is back on. Right now we're having to limit it to existing Ars accounts only, since many thousands of bots trying to simultaneously register for Ars accounts was killing the site pretty hard. We've got registration temporarily disabled for now, but we'll re-enable it shortly once we have another workaround in place. Who knew that the word "free" could cause so much chaos?

S***!

Why can't GOG.com just give it away from their site for 48 hours since CD Projekt created the game anyway? Saint's Row 2 was the largest game giveaway GOG.com has ever done. Why get a code from Ars just to redeem the game via GOG?

Finally:

My 4000th post. 

B)

Edited by PurpleGaga27

1 hour ago, PurpleGaga27 said:

Saint's Row 2 was the largest game giveaway GOG.com has ever done.

You missed System Shock 2, which repeatedly clogged the site.