Sign in to follow this  
Sonic

Command & Conquer Alpha Officially Shutdown

6 posts in this topic

Sonic    287

Chris Mancil, the Director of Digital Communications at EA has posted a statement on the Official C&C Forums confirming the shut-down of the servers for the Command & Conquer Alpha. Development on the new Command & Conquer ceased in late October but fans were still able to play the game, until today. There is one silver lining to this statement, it says that Command & Conquer will return sometime in the future.

EMxvLxz.jpg

Thank You From The Command & Conquer Team, See You Soon.

We wanted to let you know that we are suspending the Command & Conquer Alpha Test and the servers will no longer be available.
Thank you all for your continued support and dedication to Command and Conquer. Your feedback and participation in this community is a crucial part of the success and future of this amazing franchise. We look forward to seeing all of you in-game in a new Command and Conquer sometime in the future.
See you soon,
The Command & Conquer Team
You can see the original post here.

Johnnyxp64    19

Did you expect some nice splash with a message or something? :D

yeah at least a message the last message they posted over the net, to be visible in the main huge NEWS screen....and then simply deactivate teh connection to the server or the button that creates games!

not everything look like they work and when you start a game "boom" baby Crash! :rolleyes:

neojames82    7

See you soon,

The Command & Conquer Team
What "team"?! There is no team left..."see you soon"...yeah I hope not too soon, preferably perhaps never see it again.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By Sonic

In a post on Ask Reddit asking if you could bring back any game from your childhood and have it re-mastered for today's graphics, what would it be? Some of the Command & Conquer games have been mentioned. And it looks like a former EA developer, under the name of "phpdevster", has joined the discussion and shared his thoughts on the cancellation of the Command & Conquer 2013 project.
      The original post can be found here.
    • By Sonic

Do EA have plans to revive the Command & Conquer project that was cancelled way back in October 2013? According this poorly written article from the most unlikely source, The Gospel Herald, the author alludes to this fact, EA could be planning a Command & Conquer resurrection sometime soon. The more likely scenario here, based on the quality of the entire article, the author doesn't have a clue. So I'll have to file this under the "rumour" category. Here's the most interesting part....

So it's not the strongest of stories to go by. But it would be cool if it turned out to be true. We have not heard anything official from EA about the future of Command & Conquer since October/November 2013. I'll leave it to you guys to decide if there is any truth to this. I know which way I'm leaning. Full article can be found here.
    • By Plokite_Wolf
      I've just refreshed the wiki article for C&C2013, but it feels off to me.

C&C2013 was announced as a live service, while Generals 2 was first announced as its own game, and was later intended to be the first of several "sub-games" of sorts within the said service, despite the fact that the Generals 2 name was not present in the assets of any of the closed alpha builds released to the fans.

I think they should have separate articles for this reason. It can be concluded that the C&C2013/C&CF2P term (as it appears on Wikipedia and several of the remaining C&C sites) that is used to categorize the game(s) intended to be incorporated within it may not be right after all.

Or is it just me that wants the wiki to be a little more pedantic than needed and should be attending to other articles on it

Thoughts?
    • By Sonic

A few days ago this article, Is EA Allowing This Well-Known Gaming Franchise to Die? appeared on an unlikely source, Gospelherald.com. This article sort of retraces the demise of Command & Conquer that was cancelled back in October 2013, and then it questions if EA are ever going to make another Command & Conquer game or just let the franchise die and be forgotten like so many past EA franchises before it. Here's a small sample....

You can read the full article right here. Thanks @NightTrain45 for the news tip. Here at CNCNZ.com, we are looking towards Gamescom in August to see of EA have any plans or announcements about the future of Command & Conquer.
    • By Sonic
      More great stuff from C&C Saga today, with this video from the cancelled free to play Command & Conquer. This one reveals that at some stage the development team were testing the possibility of the side control bar rather than a bottom control bar. There are also some storyboard concepts towards the end.

Thanks to C&C Saga for sharing this video.