Specs of the halted C&C G2

Hi,

I'd like to know more about some specs of the abandoned C&C Generals2:

- engine planned to be used?;

- textures formats?;

- polycounts of some units as average examples?;

- how the off-engine scripting was being handled?;

- Was it also a "browser" game?

The reason behind this is that I am evaluating the RTS games in general and see what assets they are using to develop their games.

You can also comment and compare other RTS games that will not be off-topic.

btw, I'm not developing any game and certainly won't.

Greetings

Mods - Feel free to relocate this thread to the proper forum if convenient. I tried to put this on modding section, but IDK where.

I didn't really look at the files in Command & Conquer Free to Play but I know these things.

- It used Frostbite 3

- No clue most likely the same as BF3/BF4

- Not sure about the actual count, but the units and buildings themselves looked very detailed from what I can remember.

- See point 2

- No, it was a desktop game.

I'd like to know more about some specs of the abandoned C&C Generals2:

Some clarifications here. It was just called Command & Conquer, not technically or officially Generals 2.

8JlyF4W.png

- Was it also a "browser" game?

It was never ever a browser based game. It was marketed as a AAA Frostbite 2 powered game. Your not confusing it with Tiberium Alliances are you?

- It used Frostbite 3

Did it ever get to Frostbite 3? I'm not 100% sure if they ever implemented the new engine features. The were close to it I think. So it was probably still Frostbite 2.

Did it ever get to Frostbite 3? I'm not 100% sure if they ever implemented the new engine features. The were close to it I think. So it was probably still Frostbite 2.

Well... the actual question was:

- engine planned to be used?;

If they planned to use Frostbite 3, then I think that would be the more accurate answer.

Some clarifications here. It was just called Command & Conquer, not technically or officially Generals 2.

That's debatable... it was a platform on which they were planning to implement more games for other C&C universes later, hence the name; but at the time of development, it was definitely Generals 2.

Your not confusing it with Tiberium Alliances are you?

No, I certainly wasn't, but I wanted to be sure.

I remembered to hear the coordinator of the project talking on an enterview (by the river) at games.com/germany that they were making try-outs with a server, so I want to be sure what they were having in mind.