Sign in to follow this  
Sonic

Joe Kucan reddit AMA Coming Up

Joe Kucan, along with his brother Daniel, will be having a reddit AMA on the 31st of July. As all Command & Conquer fans know, Joe Kucan is most famous for his role as Kane, the leader of the Brotherhood of Nod. His brother, Daniel, has appeared in a couple of the Command & Conquer games as well.

VR07piz.jpg

You can check the full reddit AMA schedule for more. Just look at the list under "Upcoming AMAs" on the right sidebar. Thanks to one of our long time forum regulars, recover, for the news tip.

It great to have this public conversation in a long while, especially when it's so hard to contact Joe Kucan.

Guest Stevie_K

I'm sure he will have yet something to tell about how he became Kane :D

I'll bet the role was a surprise gift from a mechanical toy machine. :P

Over years Joe has been asked how he got the role of Kane a lot, and usually he replied with some absurd answer all for the sake of comedy. However during his speech at CommandCOM 2009 he finally gave the real story. We have had this video in our archives for awhile now http://www.cncnz.com/features/other-specials/commandcom-2009-joe-kucan-presentation/

In the other thread I linked to this: http://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/comments/11n1xk/i_am_frank_klepacki_audio_director_composer_and/c6o2yo4

It's from Frank Klepacki's AMA, and he tells the (most likely) true story of Joe Kucan and how he got the role of Kane. It's a truly heartwarming story. :)

I will ask Joe to retell it in his own words in his AMA. Hopefully he'll answer it. :)

I'll bet the role was a surprise gift from a mechanical toy machine. :P

He used the surprise gift theory in BCPT Episode 1, I believe. It came in a cereal.

But since he said he will never again tell it truthfully at CommandCOM 2009, I'm looking forward to another false version :haha:

In the other thread I linked to this: http://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/comments/11n1xk/i_am_frank_klepacki_audio_director_composer_and/c6o2yo4

It's from Frank Klepacki's AMA, and he tells the (most likely) true story of Joe Kucan and how he got the role of Kane. It's a truly heartwarming story. :)

"nude model". Riiiight. Obviously the most likely true story xD

This is AMAZING. They took a break but now they're back at it! :D