Sign in to follow this  
Sonic

Renegade X Beta 3 Almost Ready

Beta version 3 of Renegade X is due for release soon. There is no exact date but it's oh so close. The Renegade X team have been working hard the past few months to fix problems, add new content to the game and improve stability to prevent the crashing problems that Beta 2 suffers from. As a small teaser, a new screen shot was released.

0GUp5IQ.jpg

Head over to the Renegade X site for more.

I am very disappointed on how they are going to handle that crashing issue(s) and many other issues. They should have released an emergency patch fix during that time and instead they continue to develop the new content while most of the players are disappearing from this game.

Right now I have a feeling this game has gone to "Valve time".

I am very disappointed on how they are going to handle that crashing issue(s) and many other issues. They should have released an emergency patch fix during that time and instead they continue to develop the new content while most of the players are disappearing from this game.

Right now I have a feeling this game has gone to "Valve time".

Hey, thanks for the feedback.

Quite honestly, upon release, we were not sure what was causing the crashing problems. In beta 2, we thought we fixed it, but instead, crashes became more frequent. That problem has taken us months to pinpoint and fix. Early testing shows that the problem has been fixed for Beta 3.

So it's not that we had a fix and saved it for a big content update. The problem actually took us several months to figure out. In that time, we've also fixed a number of other issues, added Volcano, among many other things.

I always expected a few crashes to happen, its still beta after all. But it got to a point where the game would freeze every time I played, sometimes forcing me to power off the computer and reboot back to Windows that way. But its good to see you guys have been working hard on this game to get it right. Here's hoping Beta 3 is more stable.

I just hope it's not too late, it seems a lot of people have already given up and moved on. It'll be hard getting everyone back again, which is a shame, as Renegade X is unarguably one of the biggest C&C fan projects out there.

It'll be hard getting everyone back again, which is a shame, as Renegade X is unarguably one of the biggest C&C fan projects out there.

That's where the active C&C community comes in. It's our job to spread the word and keep RenX in the spotlight as much as possible. I'm really looking forward to jumping back in once Beta 3 comes out.

I just hope it's not too late, it seems a lot of people have already given up and moved on. It'll be hard getting everyone back again, which is a shame, as Renegade X is unarguably one of the biggest C&C fan projects out there.

A more stable Beta 3 will wipe the slate clean an bring players back.... hopefully.

I'm really looking forward to jumping back in once Beta 3 comes out.

Me to, especially since my computer doesn't bluescreen and crash on me every hour now :thumbsup: