Sign in to follow this  
Sonic

Red Alert 3 - Six Years and Counting

October is definitely "Red October". Did you know that four of the five Red Alert games that have been made were released during the month of October? The original Red Alert on 31/10/1996, Red Alert 2 on 26/10/2000, Yuri’s Revenge on 12/10/2001, Red Alert 3 on 28/10/2008 (US) and 30/10/2008 (EU). The exception is of course Red Alert 3: Uprising, that was released in March 2009. For this update we are here to recognise the 6th anniversary of Red Alert 3. There was a big 7 year gap between Red Alert 2 and Red Alert 3, when EA announced the game the community was excited, but many were sceptical about what the EALA team could deliver. EA poured a lot into the development of this game, revealing an all star live action cast, and don't forget the massive marketing campaigns. Bringing back Frank Klepacki to work on the soundtrack was something that felt truly special for all C&C fans. They even got me on a plane to fly over to Los Angeles, visit EALA and play test an alpha build during the Red Alert 3 Community Summit in June 2008.

mQQ3APs.jpg

So here we are 6 years later. We can look back on Red Alert 3 as quality Command & Conquer game, high production values, staying true to what Westwood Pacific established in Red Alert 2. However it didn't reach the lofty heights EA expected it would. But how can you not like Red Alert 3 anyway, it gave us this awesome remix.....

What are your memories and favourite moments of Red Alert 3? Please share them with us in this news thread.

Well it made me want to play again... well at least watch the FMV's.

;)

I had my nostalgia fix a few months ago actually. :P

It was a fun game, but I preferred C&C3, I sunk way to many hours into that game.