Sign in to follow this  
Guest Rabbit

My Departure

Guest Rabbit

As some of you may have noticed, I have not been around the forums very much lately.

So you're not stuck with questions, my reasoning is a combination of the following:

• The latest C&C's cancellation and the direction of EA and the community has, to put it bluntly, put a fowl taste in my mouth. Not in anger, but rather, I just seem to put forth the effort anymore to care about the series. I lost something in myself when the game was cancelled, and I haven't been able to get it back.
  • I'd like to move on to other things. I've been getting involved heavily in writing, 3D animation / game design, and music. I'd like to go in my own direction.
  • I'd like to actually make money off of the work that I do. Unfortunately, I can't (and don't really want to) make money off of a pre-established idea. I know some people commission fanwork and such, I don't really know the legality around it, and frankly, I don't care to find out. I just want to go in my own direction.

I really don't mean any ill-will towards anyone here. I know Sonic and I had a bit of head-butting a year back, but frankly, it was likely the early stages of me just wanting to move on to other things, and failing to accurately express that, because of my lack of understanding of what I even wanted to do.

I ultimately kept pushing a lego series that frankly, I'm unfortunately tired of, and a game that I just don't have the heart for anymore.

Which brings me to my next bit of news. To put it bluntly, I have effectively cancelled all my progress on the Tiberium Chronicles game and the C&C Lego episodes to precede it. While I understand this won't blow over well with some people, I just couldn't keep going. I felt I was getting stale in every aspect as the process turned into an obligation rather than an enjoyment.

However, I will be providing downloads for the game in it's current form, so you can play through approximately 10 (buggy) missions or so, and, if there are any of you who feel like attempting to complete my work, I will also provide all of the game files, even if you just feel like using them to poke around. I'm allowing permission for anyone to use any of the files in any way that they wish. If you feel like taking music, images, anything of that sort, you are free to use them as you please, unless the files are any art assets created by Nmenth, in which case you'll have to ask him.
Here are the download files, pick one or the other, there's no reason to download both:

• RDI RPG.exe - For those who just want to try playing the game as it is.
  • Project_RDI.rar - For those who want to fiddle with the files (requires installing RPG Maker VX Ace if you want to mod or finish the game).

Thanks for your support and interest over the years, guys. If you'd ever like to follow any of my future work, I'm planning an overhaul of my website and you're more than welcome to take a look whenever you'd like.

Edited by Rabbit

So this is good-bye then..... :( Then I wish you the best of luck and your future endeavors, Watson. ;)

I guess most of us guys here in CNCNZ will miss you and your elementary Lego projects because they were fun and awesome.

I kind of already sensed all this. That you were done with the C&C side of things. It was this past November when I attempted to contact you out of concern, thinking something bad had happened, and got I got back some strange and offensive text messages from you. I was extremely confused.

The cancelled C&C never really changed my view on things. There is more to the community than a new C&C game, its great to have new games in the franchise and EA really ****ed everyone over big time with the last attempt. But I decided a long time ago, like around December 2013, that CNCNZ.com is part of me and I have every intention of keeping it alive, anyone who want wishes to join me in keeping it going is welcome but anyone wanting to not is cool with me.

Best of luck with your new found path.

Guest Rabbit

got back some strange and offensive text messages from you.

Yikes. Sorry to hear that, but it most definitely wasn't me. I changed my phone number at least as early as August of last year. Don't know if I updated it in the forums, but I don't recall receiving any text messages, first time I heard you trying to contact me was when DD send me a skype message.

I mean no ill-will towards anyone here, and I hope that we can remain on positive terms despite my absense.

Good luck with your future endeavors, too. You've always been the best host for this site, and I couldn't imagine a better leader for it.

That was one of my conclusions, thinking I was talking with a different person. Anyway without going into to much detail, I had to block the number because the the abusive messages kept on coming.

Guess I will have to make a few changes around here since C&C Legos and the RPG game are no longer active projects.

you are free to use them as you please, unless the files are any art assets created by Nmenth, in which case you'll have to ask him.

Nothing I created for the RPG project was for my own benefit, so I don't care if anyone wants to use the art assets I made.

Guess I will have to make a few changes around here since C&C Legos and the RPG game are no longer active projects.

Time to bring back the archived forums section?

Feels like an end of an era for me. Zee's early work got me into this site in the first place back when Saracen was still around.

Best of luck to him and I'll be sure to follow his future projects. :P

Lets keep all of the closed projects in an archived section as Nmenth suggested. It would really be a shame to lose all of that - much of CNCNZ's history in those threads.

Ahh, that's a pity. I wish you well in your future endeavours, and hope to see you again in the future.

The latest C&C's cancellation and the direction of EA and the community has, to put it bluntly, put a fowl taste in my mouth.

... tastes like chicken? :P

Just a reorder of things. Nothing will be deleted, and the respective forums will remain open for anyone wishing to discuss them. Not that there will be anything to talk about since the project have reach their end.

Guest Rabbit

Thanks for keeping them open. Although I won't be working on these projects anymore, it helps to be able to upload materials that people might be interested in, I'd hate for it to all go to waste.

Heheh... chicken. Fowl. I get it.

What about your ZeeHive website? Will your blog be closed or go in a different direction?

Guest Rabbit

The blog will keep running. I'm actually going to spend more time on it, I've been tyding it up lately and I intend to continue adding new content to it.

Ah, I see that you re-constructed the C&C Legos page with a description of each C&C Legos episode and an official download link. Perfect! :thumbsup:

Edited by zocom7

Hm, now this is an episode I haven't seen before. (BTW, you're missing that one that... you know.)

The section is awesome! Will it stuff up the traffic on your blog if more people watch it?

Guest Rabbit

I'm on hosting that offers unlimited storage and bandwidth. Unless I get thousands of hits a day (I don't expect nearly that much), the visitor issue will be fine.

Keep in mind I used to be hosted on the icetex servers, much like CNCNZ.com. Because of the fact that I am hosting large files for download (about 3 gigs so far), I moved off of this server to ease the load for everyone else here.

Also, I did add the other video, it's in my other stop motion section! :)

Edited by Rabbit

Have fun Zee... don't forget to post your stuff over here so we can all enjoy it.