Sign in to follow this  
Luk3us

Internet Explorer to be phased out

I primarily use Internet Explorer, I am not blind to how crummy it is, but I think all browsers are in their own ways. I just happen to think the crumminess of IE is more easily navigable than the others. When IE fails too much, Chrome is my second choice. I also have Firefox, which I almost never use.

If the new Microsoft X browser is as basic as IE, but less prone to spontaneous combustion, I will have no problem moving over.

QJXWa1W.jpg

Basically that's my experience with IE. When I installed Windows 8.1 back in November I used it just once to download Firefox.

So with Microsoft retiring IE, I wonder if they will provide an update that finally allow it to be removed/un-installed from your computer.

It's been pretty integrated with Windows since Win98 at least, so don't get your hopes up :D

Y'know whatever it's called... it'll still just be IE with a new logo.

You know IE isn't that bad, we all got a bad taste because IE6 was with us for 5 years, but IE won the first browser war, because it was better than Netscape. Ie10 and then Ie11 really improved the experince 10 fold, and I'll freely admit I enjoy them.

All they had to do was convert to Gecko or WebKit, but nooo...

Edited by F15pilotX

Basically that's my experience with IE. When I installed Windows 8.1 back in November I used it just once to download Firefox.

So with Microsoft retiring IE, I wonder if they will provide an update that finally allow it to be removed/un-installed from your computer.

The new iteration of Internet Explorer is only for Windows 10 so older operating systems will run IE11 still, and no, it can't be removed either. IE controls vital proxy and connection settings for most applications.