Hello everyone,

I've been working on a mod for Yuri which gives him a building that makes all units and buildings stealth/cloak. So far I have run into a few glitches that I'm not sure how to fix. The 2 known glitches that I am trying to fix are:

1. Allow Stealth to also hid Teammate buildings/units if within Radius (Currently Teammates reveal the teammate's stealth buildings/units as if they were the enemey).
  2. When I was testing it with a friend on CnCNet, some units will appear as Stealthed but on the enemy player's screen the unit will be visible, even though the unit on their screen is shown as "transparant" (visual effect of when something is stealth).

I did not create all of this code but I have been trying to debug/improve upon it for my mod.

The artmd.ini code is:

[GAGEN] ; Yuri Stealth Generator
Remapable=yes
Cameo=SGENICON
Foundation=2x2
Buildup=GAGENMK
DemandLoadBuildup=true
FreeBuildup=true
NewTheater=yes
Height=4
CanHideThings=True
CanBeHidden=False
OccupyHeight=3
DamageFireOffset0=-5,11

The rulesmd.ini code is:

;Yuri Stealth Generator
[GAGEN]
UIName=Name:GAGEN
Name=Yuri Stealth Generator
BuildCat=Combat
Prerequisite=YAWEAP,YACNST
CloakGenerator=yes
CloakRadiusInCells=6
Powered=yes
Strength=600
Armor=steel
TechLevel=5
Adjacent=4
Sight=10
Owner=British,French,Germans,Americans,Alliance,Russians,Confederation,Africans,Arabs,YuriCountry
AIBasePlanningSide=0
Cost=1500
Points=80
Power=-250
Capturable=false
Crewed=yes
Explosion=TWLT070,S_BANG48,S_BRNL58,S_CLSN58,S_TUMU60
DebrisAnims=DBRIS2SM,DBRIS3LG,DBRIS3SM,DBRIS7SM,DBRIS8LG,DBRS10LG,DBRS10SM
MaxDebris=15
MinDebris=5
ThreatPosed=0
;DamageParticleSystems=SparkSys,SmallGreySSys,BigGreySmokeSys
AIBuildThis=yes
AmbientSound=PsychicAmplifierLoop
DieSound=PsychicAmplifierDie
BaseNormal=no
HasRadialIndicator=true

For all units (except air units) I have added this code:

Sensors=yes
SensorsSight=6

If someone could help, that would be super awesome because I can't figure it out.

I know the Mental Omega mod contains a structure similar to what I am trying to do ... Epsilon Chimera Core. I tried to look into their .mix files with XCC Mixer 1.47 (to get an idea of how they fixed it) but I was unable to open them because they are protected. If anyone knows them, could you point them to this thread? I know that is alot to ask, especially for a guy with only 2 posts, but I would be very grateful. Thanks.

Edited by CptGallium

Mental Omega 3.0 MIX files are protected and cannot be opened unless you're in their team (which is understandable). Project Perfect Mod is the place to go for general TS/RA2 modding, you may ask for help there and get a speedier answer or, if you're lucky, stumble upon a thread explaining this: http://www.ppmforums.com/

What doesn't work? Is it just choppy? Like I said at PPM, if you remove DoubleThick=yes from building art entries, it works fine and there's no detrimental effects graphically.