Sign in to follow this  
Lauren

WrathEd 2

There is still a lot to do, esp some low level stuff with loading tokenized assets, but WrathEd 2 progressed quite a bit recently.

Important differences to earlier versions (will get updated as the project progresses):

• Changed the list views of the loaded items and stream contents to a single tree view.
  • Now loads the game definition automatically depending on the stream's all types hash value.
  • Now also loads unlinked streams.
  • Game definitions are no longer stored as XML but as .net libraries. (new libraries can still be added to the finished project)
post-5646-0-81032800-1436634779_thumb.png

post-5646-0-64750400-1436634785_thumb.png

post-5646-0-82929600-1436634794_thumb.png

(The image in the about window is a Quaggan from Guild Wars 2 made by ArenaNet, atm it is used as a placeholder)

Edited by Lauren

Images are not loading due to errors. Please fix.

Not really directly related to the status of WrathEd but I looked it up and TT inherited RA3's MP3 passthrough stuff. Thus I don't have to worry about anything related to EALayer3.

Not really directly related to the status of WrathEd but I looked it up and TT inherited RA3's MP3 passthrough stuff. Thus I don't have to worry about anything related to EALayer3.

ok, I guess it's good news. I need to restart working with definitions (I left with uprising), I found that I did something wrong with the modded wrathed1.0 dll's related with RA3's asset entry choice that fail with uprising and so CC4.

Is there any chance that WrathEd2 can compile any MP3 track with RA3's MP3 passthrough stuff (and maybe C&C4) from a mod's folder to work in-game (including main menu/credit themes) instead of replacement tracks from a map?

Edited by zocom7

I guess you're confusing stuff here. The mp3 passthrough stuff is so the engine can just play mp3 files for sounds or music. For the end-user it's no different to a standard audio file asset.

I think you're talking about the path music stuff which got introduced with RA3. The thing here is that you "script" what is going on in c++ and it gets added to the asset, it's basically a dll which is loaded on runtime. One can convert that to asm to check what's going on and what you need to do, but so far no one has done that.

You can already use music scripting in the oldfashioned Generals way in RA3, where you disable path music, do your music scripts, and enable path music again before returning to the menus (this is important or else it results in a game crash).

It also seems this is actually first introduced in NfS Underground until Carbon, though I can't really find any modding sites of newer Need for Speed games (after MCO)

Edited by Lauren

Added a bit of convenience:

• Added TW/RA3 Mod SDK BinaryAssetBuilder style command lines.
  • Added option to switch between different platforms (would be error prone trying to auto detect endianness).

post-5646-0-98035100-1439677893_thumb.jpg

post-5646-0-46159900-1439677904_thumb.jpg

Edited by Lauren
  • Upvote 1

Added the long awaited status window. Contents can be copied to a text file via ctrl+c.

post-5646-0-90076500-1439730831_thumb.png