Sign in to follow this  
Sonic

Throwback Thursday for 16th July

gQdR6ob.jpg

Way later than normal, its Throwback Thursday time again. A little different this week, as we aren't focusing on any particular Command & Conquer game. Lets go back to the debut of Battlecast Primetime back in August 2007. Battlecast Primetime was EALA's version of ESPN's SportsCenter, a show to bring the fans all the latest Command & Conquer news every month. During its original run the show was hosted by EALA developers, David Silverman and Raj Joshi. Along with special guest hosts like the one and only Joe Kucan who would appear occasionally. The then community manager, Aaron "APOC" Kaufman, fronted his own segment called "APOC's Community Corner". Other regular and semi-regular segments in each episode were the "Battlecast 10", the "Main Event", and "Ask a Developer". Battlecast Primetime even had a couple of spin-off shows called Command School and BattleCast Primetime - Aftermath. Command School enjoyed a solid run but Aftermath didn't last too long. By March 2010 Battlecast Primetime had come to an end. A big grand finale show was planned, but due to technical issues (or so we were told at the time) it was not delivered. Instead all we got was an extended Battlecast 10. So its ending was a bit of a let down. But we still consider Battlecast Primetime to be a major part of Command & Conquer history. Check out our Command & Conquer TV archive if you would like watch any episodes again or if you have never seen them before, we have them all.

Check back again next Thursday for another Throwback. Send in your ideas for future instalments. We encourage you to share this on social media using the hash tags #CnCTBT and #CNCNZTBT.

• Upvote 1

I liked this show and I sure miss it. It had beta footages, concept art that wasn't released individually, nice interviews and helped popularize the commentating style that still exists in modern C&C games' multiplayer communities. It wasn't perfect, but it did its job. If a new C&C game ever comes out, I'd like a show like this one to accompany it.

Edited by Plokite_Wolf

Yep - if we get a new game - the show needs to return.

Def needs a return, but what about the awesomeness of Raj's "Flametanks, Firehawks, and Foundries!"... most awesome quote of it all.

The C&C 3: Foundries expansion was cancelled due to being OP ;)

Dunno why Raj had Foundries as a running gag, probably because they're pretty much unused in multiplayer :D

History, sweet history

Loved that show so much I even saved every episode on my external HDD in HQ back then

Sure hope it will come back with new game but as we know ea we can assume it won't be the same or won't survive long