Sign in to follow this  
Madin

Modding single player campaign?

I am looking to do small edits to the single player campaign, just fixing crashes, and locking certain units, however I do not know where to start has this is not something that I have done before!

Can someone point me in the right direction?

You just have to edit the maps and their streams.

IIRC most singleplayer maps use AIStates created for that map, its basicly the same as the skirmish ai files....but tuned for the mission....it sets the budget for that mission, wich units or build order are in a opening move etc..that stuff.

So if one of your units isnt being used, it could be because its not included in one of those files. you can find them named after the missions like aibudgetstate or aistrategicstate etc etc followed by G_1_2(gdi theatre of war 1 mission 2 for example)

The second thing is that a aistate is used for "free building/attacking" during a mission. But if a sertain objective needs to be attacked..you need a map script that creates a team of units, then moves it among a waypoint system or so and attack that specific object. Think along the idea of a back attack or pincer movement...the normal ai doesnt do that, it just spams units in predefined groups based on incame and tech lvl.

So if you base gets flanked by a specific striketeam or so and you wish that used your SSM launcher for example..you will have to find that script in worldbuiler after you loaded the correct map and add you ssm launcher to that attacking team script.

Edit: or atleast that is how the map ai should be used, after a quick inspection of a map or two it seems ea opted for using strike teams and timers/triggers for the most part, i could be wrong tho...map setups are rather complex imo.

Edited by Ravendark

To basicly add or remove units from teams, edit the existing teams on that map, for example if you look that the gdi map hampton roads (command needs to take out the airtower while vertigos keep bombing the gdi battleship) there is a team called N_a_ACTII_Vertigo Bombers, if you would for example replace them with your banshees, you need to edit that team.

Remember tho for mod units to show up in worldbuilder add

try-add-config C:\Users\UserName\Documents\Command & Conquer 3 Tiberium Wars\mods\Modname\Modname.SkuDef

to the CNC3_wb_1.0.cfg worldbuilder file, else modded units wont show up.

if you'd like a decent reference for worldbuilder use..have a look here..protcow explains alot of things really well....iirc this was on the old forums aswell....im glad i remembered the link to his youtubechannel after ea axed the forums

Thanks!

I will only look into changes that do not require world builder.

So to clarify... I have to use World builder, and then make edits on a map by map basis?

Edited by Madin

So to clarify... I have to use World builder and then make edits on a map by map basis?

Depends:

Let's say you have a mission where 3 Nod Scorpion tanks need to be build and 3 rocket soldiers, then they need to move together across several waypoints to attack a sertain structure.

you want to replace the scorpion tanks with your bradly ifv's:

If you replaced the art files of the scoprion tank with those of the bradly..you dont need need to change anything ofc. the map script just looks a the gameobject id . If you made a whole new vehicle with a unique id (NodBradly or such)

You will need to find the Team that does the attack script mentioned above and change the nod scorpion tanks with the bradly.

Does that make sense?

Depends:

Let's say you have a mission where 3 Nod Scorpion tanks need to be build and 3 rocket soldiers, then they need to move together across several waypoints to attack a sertain structure.

you want to replace the scorpion tanks with your bradly ifv's:

If you replaced the art files of the scoprion tank with those of the bradly..you dont need need to change anything ofc. the map script just looks a the gameobject id . If you made a whole new vehicle with a unique id (NodBradly or such)

You will need to find the Team that does the attack script mentioned above and change the nod scorpion tanks with the bradly.

Does that make sense?

Yes it does, thanks!